Why do my speakers crackle

Username: Zach0704

Tampa, FL United states

Post Number: 1
I have a 2000 celica gt with a jensen flip out headunit. 2 12" alpine type r's with an infinity 1300 watt amp. I also have 4 Jl audio 6.5's, and 2 stock tweeters all hooked up to an alpine mrp 160 watt amp. First off I would like to know why my speakers (not subs) start to crackle and sound like static whenever I play my system for more than 15 minutes fairly loud. Another problem I would like to state is that my car rattles like a b!tch from the inside out, due to the subs, but the most prominent rattling comes from the rear view mirror, which I can't figure out how to get off. I would like a solution to stop the rattling of the mirror and also an explanation why my speakers begin to crackle even though they are top of the line speakers hooked up to a real nice amp. i just don't understand. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 905
when you say crackling, does it somewhat sound like engine noise? I would suggest you first check your RCA'S and Ground wire thats used on the amp to power up your speakers.
Also check your speakers to make sure they are not blown out.

As for the rear view mirror advice,
throw it away lol
Mines kept on shaking due to bass and fell off. I just decided to keep it off.

To fix rattling, try to apply Dynamat, Pean n Seal, etc...anything sound deadening material should fix that problem

Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 2
Are one of the connectors for the speaker wires snapped off? My friends rockfords have that part snapped off and everytime they touch from the bass it crackles
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us