12" sub good output on 130rms for HT setup

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4080
Still havnt been able to get a plate amp but want somthing to work until then... any good subs that would do a good output on a 130rms pert channel reciever... looking for 2 12's under 150$ would go in custom boxes.... any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8835
You need a plate amp.... the reciever output is full range

Gold Member

Post Number: 4081
i have crossovers to elimnate the full range so it has certain freq to what im powering it does 130rms per channel btw i checked the manual it a oldschool reciever it was banging hard as fu<k b4 (atleasdt 2x louder then expected( when i had 8 6.5" subs on it as well as the tweeters it sounded great but i dont have room for all of them anymore so im tryna minimize the space used with best output i have 130rms per channel 4 channels off the reciever it CLAIMS it can do upto 150rms. im not looking for anytrhing TO loud just somthing i can get about 135-140db and clean... also any idea on CAR COMPONENTS with crossovers that would work optimal on 130rms per set?
looking for 2 sets of comps and 2 12's that work optimal at about 130rms per set\and 130rms on each sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 4082
also have some resistors i think they called been so long since i bought them but they block certain frequencies from getting threw

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18797
I still have some brand new ED 13Kv.2 subs. D4 with power handling up to 500w rms or so. $50/each plus shipping.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4083
very very temping paul but how do they sound on 120-130 rms would need dual 2 i need 4ohm loads for this reciever i dont think i can brige channels on it(never tried dont wanna blow this reciever it a nice oldschool one

onkyo tx-860 90-130+rms output but i think i was lucky enought to get the 140rms+ as this gets louder then a oldschool pioneer receiver putting out 110rms only rates at 75ish rms and the one i have now is louder and cleaner signal

Gold Member

Post Number: 4084
well since i dont have a reciever manual for this one i just sent the company a email asking for specs at diff ohm loads i woulduse.... if it would work with 2ohm loads i may grab those

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8884
I have a 12'' Eclipse sub in a sealed Q-Logic enclosure that's dual 4. I'll sell it to you for 60 bucks if you come and pick it up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18798
Dude you can wire two together for a 4ohm load on one channel.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18799
And how they sound I don't know. Never used them. They were geared towards both car and home audio use so that says something.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10760
You arent going to hit 135 to 140 db on that power. I hit 109 db in a sealed box at 60 hz with my image dynamic idq 12 on about 170 watts in my buddies apartment. Going ported it would have been a little louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us