I need your opinion guys.....Alpine mrp-m450

Bronze Member
Username: Igor_xxx

Post Number: 87
The last amp that I've been using for the last 9months just happened blow or somethnig like that (my car was full with smoke) and now i need a new one and this is the only one that i like.400 watts on 2ohms are everything i need, i just like to hear what do you think about the quality of this amp.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8803
Alpine amps are very good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
So the quality is very good, but what about the efficiency, do they put out their rated power or not?

And one last thing, because my current sub is pioneer 400rms dvc 2ohm, I'll need to run the amp for a couple of weeks at 4ohms until i buy another sub.So my question is this, would I clip my amp if I run it at 220-250rms at 4ohm with my sub or not (even if I set the gain right with DMM).
I think that shouldn't be a big problem because it's an alpine but it wouldn't hurt to ask, right?!

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 2060
just set your amp for 220w @ 4 ohms and you should be good. Then reset it when you get another sub of course.

But if you are going to have 2 subs, why not get the mrp-m850 to get full potential? Or even the mrp-m1000?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
OK Donnie thx for the info, but now that I read my last post again I see that I wasn't clear enough, I'm going to sell this sub which is 400w @ 4ohm and buy another one which will be around 400w @ 2ohm, so I could use the full potential from my alpine amp.Honestly 400rms are all i need for daily usage.

Can someone tell me are alpine amps overrated/underrated, just to know what to expect.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8811
Accurately rated and efficient.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
That's all I needed to know.Today or maybe tomorrow all go to the shop and see if they have the JBL GTO7001 which is much powerfull and if they don't have it I'll buy the Alpine.

Is the JBL GTO good choice also, rated power, quality?

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 2066
I've heard good things about the JBL12001's, so I don't see why the GTO7001 would be any different.

Out of curiosity, how much are they selling you the JBL and Alpine for?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
The Alpine is 300$, but the guy which was at the shop today didn't know anything about the JBL or if it will arrive soon.
I'll guess that I'll end up with the Alpine.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2068
Is there a reason you don't buy online? You can get that amp for $150 bucks though sonicelectronix.com and crutchfield.com man.

Edit: Just found a new one amazon for $134.95+ $9.49 shipping.

Found mrp-m650s for $190-200, as well as mrp-m1000s for as cheap as $249.

Just a little FYI to save you some cash.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8825
If this is the guy I think it is he can't get shipping to his country

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Thats right M.S. now I remembered that I was telling you the same thing when i was buying my last amp.Donnie I live in a VERRY small country in south-east Europe and there is no way to get some quality stuff for that low prices.I know that the Alpine mrp-m450 can be found way more cheap, but here those are the prices, and is better option then some Pioneer or Kenwood.

The second thing is that my last amp was under some kind of ''warranty'' and I just need to give them around 100$ for the Alpine.I forget to mention that.

I think its a good deal to get this amp for 100$.Is it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Also I forget to ask, there were some Ground Zero amps at the shop, what do you think about them, better or worse then the Alpine?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8831
I'd take alpine over GZ..... and yea $100 is a good deal for that amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Well M.S. I hope you are right about this alpine amp and their quality because I decided to trust you on your word and buy it tomorrow so will see how it will perform, but I don't doubt it's performance, after all it's an alpine.thanks for your help donnie and M.S. thanks man again for your help, you helped me one more time!!I'll tell you guys how do I like the amp as fastes I can.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8836
One thing I would like to know, what amp what it that blew?

Was it just a crappy amp or improper install or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
It was Sinus Live A500, I had it wired at 1ohm and it was working just fine for about 9 months and then something happened and there was no sound, the guys at the shop said it was the output network or something like that.3 days after they repaired it I was in my car listening some music and the car was turned off and out of nowhere the bass wass gone and there was smoke every where.every cable and component was triple checked and was ok, 3 different pros checked the car and said it was propably a faulty unit.What do you think?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8838
Yep, crappy amp

You shouldn't ever have anything happen to the alpine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Well that's what I needed to hear, after all Alpine and Sinus I think are totally different leagues in terms of quality and durability (if used properly).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
And something else M.S. I'd like to know what do you think, will I be underpowering my sub a lot, because until I buy new one (which will be 2ohms) I'll be giving him 220rms @ 4ohms?donnie already told me but I'd like to hear you to.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8842
What are you asking, is it bad to underpower a sub? Absolutely not, no speaker in the history of speakers has been damaged from too little power.

Anyone tells you otherwise, red flag not to listen to them about car audio.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
No no I knew that, something else was on my mind I didn't ask the right question, will I damage the amp or make it clip when I turn up the volume, because the amp will give 220rms @ 4ohm and my sub is 400rms @ 4ohms.This is what I wanted to ask you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Also I forget to ask about this amp..JBL GTO3501 it's the same price as the Alpine, what do you think, better, the same or worse than the alpine?Which one would you choose?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8849
It will work just fine.

Both good quality amps. You get a bit more power with the Apline so I'd go with that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Ok than those were all the things that I wanted to know, thanks M.S., and now there is only one thing left, to go and buy the amp.I'll let you know how do I like it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Well M.S. yesterday I bought the amp and It's great, a lott better than the Sinus amp, thanks for the help, now I only need to buy a DVC 4ohm sub.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8888
cool
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us