Need help w/ kickers

Anonymous
I currently have 2 kicker solo-barics s15l7, I am currently looking for an amp that can push both hard, they are duel voice coil 4 ohm,
anyone help? have about 700$ to spend

confused

cockblock
if you have 700, you can get an interfire amp, they make a 1200 watt, check out everything at www.lockdownaudio.com they sell everything below retail.

use the kx800.2(2 x 400watts) what an amp, my friend has 2 15" L7's in his corolla van and do they rock!.

Wire your subs each in parallel. Then run those two loads in parallel and youwill geta sigle 1 ohm load. Then buy and audiobahn high current amp and your system will be amazing. It will push those subs to the limit!

Go for an Audiobahn A2300HCQ amplifier, It drives 22oo watts at 1 ohm Mono- Like Tony said wire them in parallel. I have 6 S15l7s with three of the audiobahn amps. Definately worth the money 599 at caraudioexpert.com

what does it mean "mono"?
please tell me cause im a newbe in caraudio
and what does it sound louder sealed subs or lose subs?
can you tell me wich subs are better the solo baric kickers or the audio ban ?
any information really helps me

tnXs i really apreciate your help. :]

Anonymous
get a kicker 1200.1 amp. I have a pair of s15l7's and with that amp I can be heard for blocks around. price range 650-700.

Jay
i got 2 solo-baric s10l5's and im gunna build boxes for both of them and i wanted to know the right dimensions for the boxes....i want to build a truck style box for my truck and if anyone could help me out id appreciate it.

Anonymous
use the mtx thunder 81000d amp $399.99 at www.etronics.com

Anonymous
get the rockford 1500 bd it will push what ever you got and then some or the 1000 bd that will work to

Anonymous
mtx sucks

Hey man i have a 2400 series PPI PCX amp 1600 watts that i am pushing 2 S15L7 with right now and i hit the DB at 147.9 that is a really good amp i might be willing to sell it for a good asking price!

Anonymous
I have just bought a 15 L7 kicker sub, dual cone, which having understood plays at 2ohm. Im having problems trying to find a suitable amplifier for it. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this dilema.

Anonymous
if your kicker has dual 4 ohm coils you can wire it as either 8 ohms (series) or 2 ohms (parallel). Finding a 2 ohm stable amp should not be hard at all. how much are you looking to spend?I have heard good things about jbl bp1200.1, under $300 on the net. I can't think of a better bang-for-your-buck sub amplifier.

Pyle PLWB108's
Nobody knows for sure what happened to Pyle ... remember the PROs?
I have two PLWB108s (yes 8 ohm !!!), each of these in its own 1.1 cu.f chamber, ported at 3" x 4" connected to an Alpine 1505 about 400w/Ch. (Not even bridged yet!!!)
It is so F**K'N LOUD that it rips the 1996 Camaro Convertible apart.
It blows away the entire neighborhood and I have been chased down the street by people as well as sh*t thrown at me!
This is Pyle still at its best.
I have tried to blow these up but they just get louder and more obnoxious! It feels like everything is going to blow up except these!
From low to high bass this subwoofer has no distortion and is a magical blend with an Alpine 505 driven 4 Polk 6.5s and tweeters. All driven by a Pioneer KEH-P990 and Alpine 3342 processor and 1 Farad cap.
My system is an Epiphany...professionally sweet...and when not in painful threshold it makes women want to F**K ME!
I'm a real life Han Solo!
I've got to figure out a way to add a couple of more 10s & 12s to my limited space.
Heavy duty construction with Rubber surround is all it takes.
Excursion and pole length? I can't imagine if and when Pyle would make a 13W7 !!!

All of you idiots who think you know everything and spend dollars and still aren't happy...F**K YOU !!

Anonymous
Han Solo is a dumb a__

Anonymous
Fuch you all hahhaha I got 2 10" lightning-audio running at 400watts rms... choose pioneer D500M amp its mono run it at 1'ohms..... it pounds

Anonymous
I got the best system i have 2 15's and 2 12's in a custom box. With a 700 and 800 amp pushing them , And its all rockford fosgate . The best brand ever.

Rockford suck PYLE sucks so bad I do not even need to xplain it, the name says it all. If you have that much to spend and u have 4ohm dvc you need the kicker kx800.2 I have 2 L7 12's 2ohm dvc so i needed the kx 800.4 and jesus christ dous it pound it out performed my old amp which was a kicker zr 600 now i have a ppi pcx 2400 pushn my subs and use the kicker to run all of my highs front and rear on the 4 channel amp it is LOUD the ppi amp i have is better than the 800.4 kicker i hit a 150.4db if you know ANYthing about sound this is thumpn!! by the way i bought both of the amps on ebay for less than $700 for the 2 together DO NOT LET AN AUTHORIZED DEALER BULLSHIT YOU IN WHY YOU NEED TO SPEND THE XTRA $1000 WITH HIM CAUSE THE STUFF ON EBAY HAS NO WARRANTY the sellers warranty the items and every kicker amp regardless where you buy it still comes from stillwater designs in oklahoma so spend wisely think this over ive been in this ame for a long time this is what you need any question ask jeffcorr2002@yahoo.com

mike jones
i have two 18 inch solo x subs need box mesurements what to do? also what amps should i use? 5000 rms per sub 10000 peak

Anonymous
I have a pyramid 2400 watt RMS, mono amp, powering 2 15" volfenhag 1200 watt subs and a 3 farad capacitor.... It's loud as hell. I am extremely pleased with the bass. I have about the cheapest system (only about $600 for the subs and amp) out of all my friends, but my system sounds easally as good, if not better than theirs. Most people think the Volfenhags are cheap but for me they pound better than most. Tell me what you think..

my system consists of:
Rockford Fosgate BD1500 (1856 on cert)
1 Kicker Solobaric L715 dual 2ohm
4 gauge wiring

i wired the sub at 4 ohms on the Rocky amp (because the amp gives 938 watts RMS @ 4ohms).
I had them for just over a week and every time i crank up the dial on my head unit and the heavy bass hits in, my the L7 then turns off, but the amp is still on (protection light dosent even turn on). when i turn my head unit off, i hear a pop sound in the sub. when i turn head unit on again, sub is workin fine only if i dont put it up. is this a common problem with the Solo's?

By the way, my gain is set around half, my subsonic filter is on and i have set the freqency at 75 hertz.

Real Audiophile
you guys really dont have any idea what your talking about..han solo is a poor ignorant mother sucker and jeff corr is smoking crack when he says not to worry about the "authorized dealer".

I just got 2 15" Kicker Solo Baric Subs (Round ones)the still water design ones. I am tring to find the right dimensions for a sealed box, to go back into my trunk of my car.(Non-hatchback)Can anyone out there help me? It would really help me! email is Timwilt1@aol.com

Thanks,
~Ryan~

could you hook up a 4 ohm subwoofer to a 8-16 ohm sony stereo. If you know please tell me.

Anonymous
you can get a rockfod 900 watt amp for about450 bucks so to go a lil higher wouldnt cost much

First thing you have 2 L7 15 thay are rated at 1000 watts rms each ,if you what it to hit spl deep bass you should get a ported box L7 hit much harder in ported then sealed ,I know i started with a sealed first the bass was ok sounded better when i rolled down all my windows then i had a ported box made 6.00cf dame this box hitts you cant even seat in the car the bass is that deep, if you are going for deep bass go ported and get a amp thats 2000W mon with a supsonic filter on it you need that with aported box get a ppi and thay will hear you blocks away

Matt Conklin
I dont even know why you guys waste your time with Kicker and rockford, rockford sucks a**, i had 2 HX2 12's with my amp on em and they sucked a**. Just get a 13W7 and you will be so happy, i have a 13W7 in a custom ported box with the MTX 81000d on it and you cant even get close to my car, its so damn loud and doesnt destort at all.

Smarter_than_u_all
Kicker is a waste of time! Rockford is a waste of time! Tsunami is the best on the block.

jonathan mohommed
i have 2 15'L7 in an evolution 7..it has crome 20'rims an that's not all....i also has 2 10'L7 on the back dash and 4 6*9's on all four doors..it runs on 4 1000watt kicker impulse amps.my music is the best ...it wins most of the 'sound offs' in Trinidad.....

Derek
Han Solo is a stupid fu*k. Pyle makes the worst products that you can buy. Be worried about any car audio that you can buy at Walmart for $20.

i have 2 L7 12
i have 1 1400 ma amp
i have 1 5 frad cap
wat is the best way to wire

Anonymous
I put two zr1000 on 2 L7 and its currently pushing 163db in a s-10 pickup. the Zr1000's and bd1000 or higher is about anyones best bet to put on L7's

I wanna buy 2 12's L7's what amp should I get?
I had a JL 500/1 on 3 12's jl's w3
But my cousin put a 700 watt Autotek and they sounded way better so I sold the jl amp.

Dude Homie if you live in California around the L.A or Orange County Area, I can hook you up with a 2500 watt. MA audio High current Amp for like 550$. And those subs Will be hitting, Like no otheeeer!

I also have a 4000 watt high current, MA Audio amplifier, Soo if anyone wants to buy that 2 I can sell that for 750$. E-mail me at Tedeplyr@aol.com

Anonymous
hey yall fot a 2000 4 runner hit a 155.9 on i seales l7 15 sub and 1000 watt orion

solo
I have two kicker 18in soloX subwoofers,with a 10,000 watt audiobahn spl amp and one hundred fared lightning cap. Everytime I get in the car I put cotton balls,and ear plugs over my ears,plus when I turn it up on 5 on the alpine cd player(It goes up to 40)The car vibrates to the side.(I all ways keep it down on one so I can drive without slidding off the road.

use a kicker 1200.1 to keep it all the same.

mono means one, so in car audio terms in means one channel on an amp

i have four kicker comp vrs running with a kicker 1200.1 and have a second battery so f*ck you han solo,

Anonymous
solo, can i ride with y

bob dole
i got 2 15 power hx2 hittin 166 db hoooked up to a 800.4 kicker amp...what u gotta say about that u faggits that think rockford sucks

JR
I got my hands on a pioneer premier TS-W2000SPL with 2000 W-max wich Amp would be best for it. What kind of box would make the better sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us