Need some help

Silver Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 180
so i want to buy a new stereo for my car...i'm a little broke so it will have to be piece by piece...first off i'm getting a new hu...i've narrowed down to what i think i'd like but need some input on them. first off is the jvc kameleon..also the eclipse 7200mkll and either a pioneer or alpine hu which ever is better...any help would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
ok without any help from anyone i'm going with the cheaper eclipse...the cd3200..seeming as i know nothing what's the next thing i should be getting? i'm replacing all speakers as well. so amp or speakers first? i'm also wanting a sub

Bronze Member
Username: Faroutdesign

St.ptersburg, Florida Usa

Post Number: 47
well bro i had a kameleon and the sound was ok but its mostly looks. and dont go cheap model get either pioneer or alpine or clarion all around

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
i don't like the slide track features of clarions...if you could find me a good one without i'll take a look. i've heard eclipse was good i guess not? anyways if i go with pioneer or alpine which models? i don't mind spending upwards of $300-$400 range for hu.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
i dont want to tell you model i want you to look around the internet because alot of the hu which are main stream are not always the best. you need to look at websites and read alot of info. i have a deh p8mp by pioneer premier it has a built in 16 band eq 4v pre out alot of graphics. how ever the face plate is very plain no eye catching buttons or colors. i simply bought the best radio i could with the cash at hand and i didnt care about graphics or blue tooth or ipod i wanted quality sound processing and high pre outs let the amp do the rest of the work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
i like pioneer as well very clean nice look to them. 16 band eq sounds great. but i've heard that 4 volt pre-outs are as low as you want to go is that true? and that is precisely why i kinda want to get the eclise cd3200. i dont mind that it does not have an lcd display does not bother me one bit i don't care about graphics i just want great sound. i've read a lot of reviews on alpine hu's and a lot of people say they over process the music to me it sounds like it would be very bright sounding music...too much for the ears. i have done some research and i think i want the eclipse cd3200. i don't know what other parts like the amp, speakers, and sub woul work well with this hu so i'm asking for help...speakers..well i've owned eclipse speakes for my car and they sounded very nice. so should i get eclipse amp and sub as well?

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
and i'm curious to know eclipse/tc sounds same sub?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
eclipse has been around the block i love thier old school amps there powerful and eclipse subs sound good to. so if you like eclipse then do it all. every company kind of designs thier equipment to work together

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
do you sacrifice much sq going with 3200 over 7200 mkll? the 3200 only has 3 band peq...peq meaning pre-equalized...like preset?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
eq is everything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us