Changing Entire System and in Need of Suggestions

Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 4
I currently drive a 1999 Toyota Solara. I have a JL 500/1 hooked to two 10w3v2s running off of an Alpine deck. The rest of the speakers are all stock with components in the front and 6x9's in the back. I listen to a lot of metal and while I'm not a big basshead I love the feeling of each kick pedal hit pounding throughout the car. I also like strong midbass and bright tweeters. I have an aftermarket iragi alternator in my car doing about 200 amps. I'm looking to replace everything except the subwoofers and subwoofer amp. My price range is anywhere between $200 - 400 on a new deck, and $500 - 600 on new car speakers and amp. Any other car audio metalheads out there got any suggestions?

And when I say metal I mean like Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, In Flames, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, Emmure, Job for a Cowboy, Dimmu Borgir... things like that.

Thanks for any help you can provide on options.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 707
Just curious, is a new deck mandatory? Which Alpine deck do you have? You could save a good chunk of money by retaining the Alpine deck so I just want to check. With your budget you've got a lot of great options. Just want to figure out that first part and then we can go from there.

Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 5
Yeah I have the CDA-9853. I hate the glidetouch bar and the subwoofer output is extremely low. Every other deck i've tried with the same setup puts out much more sound (and much clearer bass) with the gains turned down much lower (and all the other settings with bass level and bass eq). I was also kind of wanting to get something that played DVDs in the hope that the new DVD decks played mp3s that are burned on a burnable DVD (not quite sure if they let you do that or not).

Also I just replaced my 10w3v2's with 10w6v2's. I am still running them with the 500/1 and it sounds very very good. I was going to upgrade the amp to something bigger (and more efficient than JL amps) but it already sounds so good I can't imagine changing the sub bass part of my setup anymore. Just the indoor speakers need so much work.

Bronze Member
Username: Faroutdesign

St.ptersburg, Florida Usa

Post Number: 35
i would run pioneer premier all around with a premier amp. of course if you have the money id many brands top models. speakers are good and everything but without the right amp and signal processing nothing will sound good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us