Should I do it, or will it be to much?

Silver Member
Username: Ton

Post Number: 183
Ok guys I have a question, currently I'm working on my car I'm about to install my new Audio system which consist of 4x RE SX 12" d4 in a 6.8- 7.2 ft^3 enclosure tuned at 34hz powered by 2x US Amps MD-3D and for vocals I have 4x Sets of the RE 6.5 Comps thus a total of 8x RE 6.5 Speakers powered by 2x MD-21 and 4x subs.

Now I was wondering since I'm modifying i could put 2x more sets(4x more RE 6.5 speakers) and 1x more MD-21, thus a total of 12x RE 6.5 Speakers for the 4x RE SX12", my car is more for Demo purpose and Carshow thus I want it to be loud Inside and also loud outside it's not a every day drive car, so should 12x RE 6.5 be good or to much for the RE Sx's, or should i stay with 8x RE 6.5 speakers that i have right now?

the reason I ask is i don't have personal experience yet with RE and since I had some problems with my last install I was thinking about doing more speakers, my last Install was 4x MTX 7500 12" Sealed Box and I had 4x MTX 6.5 speakers which also was 50 wrms each, but the bass was to much for the vocals and since my car is more for demo, and since now I'm going from sealed to ported with a much Superior subs and with more than double the power, I'm thinking that maybe 8x RE 6.5 speakers wouldn't be enough for the SX 12's and was thinking doing 4x more RE 6.5 speakers.

so what do you guys recommend go 12x or stay with 8x RE 6.5, will the 8x RE 6.5 be more that enough?

Anyways thanks,

Aruman.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14279
r u gonna do custom f\glass work to fit all those small speakers ? ....

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1517
you have your work cut out for you, bro.. good luck

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5734
why not just spend the money and get the XXX comp set? they handle more power and sound a lot cleaner than the RE line

use the RE line for rear fill and build a nice front stage with the XXX comp set

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 406
"my car is more for Demo purpose and Carshow thus I want it to be loud Inside and also loud outside it's not a every day drive car, so should 12x RE 6.5 be good or to much for the RE Sx's, or should i stay with 8x RE 6.5 speakers that i have right now?"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but since there was no mention of it, i suppose you heading more in the direction of sql.

To keep up with that much bass you can look into

a) Beyma nd neodymium or pole position midranges.
b) Eminence alpha 6mr midranges or the kappa series.
c)Eighteen sounds 6nd410 midranges among others. But those are my fav.

TWO pairs of any of these midranges WILL get the job done. They are VERY LOUD and sound good while doing so(they're available in 6-6.5", 8" and larger)

The average high freq limit is about 5.5khz, so you can cut at around 3.5 with a 18db slope and add tweeters(look into the alpine type x, they're very well detailed and get loud )

If you dont want to mix n match look into JBL C608 GTi MkII. Very loud comps with impressive midbass. Never heard the re comps so i cant comment on that...

Hope that helps...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us