JL ZRs vs MB Qs vs Other Audio Ideas

Username: Yenkozl1

PHOENIX, AZ UNITED STATES

Post Number: 1
Looking to buy a set of components(6.5) for my Tahoe. I really like JL and I'm curious about MB Q's. Im looking for a fuller sound from my compnents. A lot of people say the Qs are as good as it gets for mids & highs. But you can't go wrong w/ JL. So before I spend the money any opinions? I here that the Qs can be too tingy, but with 2 10w3v2's will that even be an issue?

Username: Pistol_pete

Cavalier, Nd United states

Post Number: 6
i have a 2000 explorer with 4 12' w3v2 and i have 4 5'7 jl for mids hooked up to a 600 watt jl amp and the sound is unbelievable crystal clear so i would stay with jls

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 727
What type of sound do you like? The JL's can be a bit dry on midbass and a little bright in the tweeter. Other people like them quite a bit. MB's can be way bright if not tuned correctly. Have you had a chance to hear anything yet? If so, what have you liked so far?

Username: Yenkozl1

PHOENIX, AZ UNITED STATES

Post Number: 4
I've listened to the ZR's (6.5) 3 different times and they sounded different everytime. I dunno if its the amps they're run on or what? Sometimes they dont seem like they're worth the $500. I listened to the C5's and I thought for the money it could be a winner. I listened to a set of MB Q's in a Jetta about 6 years ago and thought they were as good as I've heard. But now that they've been sold off I don't know if they're the same. Not many stereo shops carry them. Makes me wonder. Plus the prices on them have dropped dramatically. I remember when they use to be $1000 per set. I think I'm sticking with JL. I'm not out to build a competition system. Looking for good overall "SQ" that will last at least 5yrs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us