Fi Q and BL, Mag, and Treo subs

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 40
I think I've decided on getting an RE SE 15" to fit in my already built 1.9 cuft sealed box (all the room i have to work with). I was wondering why the Fi subs require so little space for the enclosures. My first thought was that on their site they had made typo's lol. The mag I understand only requires about 1cuft if im not mistaken.

If anyone could elaborate that would be perfect. And if anyone could shed some light on which of these brands I've heard such good things about... which 15" sub fitting in 1.9cuft of sealed space would work best with 600watts rms or 1000watts rms (amp is rd 1000.1).

I'm looking for good sq and really want it to get loud as possible. Low output is certainly a plus.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Just realized I was looking at the 10" versions on the Ficaraudio site hah... But as far as the mag goes I'm looking at the site now but it doesnt seem to come in a 15"..

**Also, ive heard such great things about the xbl^2 technology and I was wondering which brands still use it besides the mag. Does RE still use that motor?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
One last thing lol, of all the treo subs based on what I have to work with, wouldn't the ssi probably be the best choice? Says sealed it would need 1.75cuft of spaced and with displacement thats how much id have... how does the ssi compare to the SE and others?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4548
the mag use to come in a 15 the older version the d2 has it. Look on some sites you can find a pretty new one easy great subs for sealed. loved mine still have it.

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 226
SQ= something that accurately reproduces the original recording. To achieve this, the sub system's design must include things like input power, of course its enclosure (size/type/alignment/positioning/etc), and the rest of the system it is to be paired with. You can make a decent subwoofer sound very good if you attack all the variables with equal thought.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3391
I personally think the SSis sound better than SEs, and even my old SExxx. They are very over looked subs. I believe Chad Lee used 2 10" SSis and loved them... They might have been 12s tho.

Id rather have a mag than an SSi if i was doing sealed, IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
lmao lucas r. good laugh sir.

thanks for the imput jake. something to surely consider.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
also, what about the rd audio sonance?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
bump in the trunk

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2400
The sonance would work fine in your box. They are SQ subs with nice output. Chad Lee can give you some input on the Sonance line as well, he uses 2 10's :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1332
kevin were those sonances in the tacoma?s

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1435
yeah they were.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2401
Yep. I like the Sonance alot personally. I listen to a little bit of everything and they do great with pretty much any song you throw at them. I ran a pair in my SUV and the first time someone heard them they bought them. Didn't want to let them go, but got rid of SUV and wife won't let me kill the new car :-(

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 467
lol @ kevin i have a single 18" sonance and that thing is loud. its in a 4 cubic foot box sealed. i have it being pushed by a rd audio 1000.1 @ 1 ohm. i have heard it in a truck and a trunk or a car. it was load in both.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I reall appreciate all the help gentlemen. I believe I'm going with the Treo SSi though. 1.75cuft sealed is what I have prepaired and although it only needs 750 watts I think a hundred or so more won't hurt with a little ease on the gain.

Low output real good on the treos anyone?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Question. Im very impatient, so would it really be worth sending the SX back.. waiting for my reinbursment and buying another sub? Would the low output REALLY be that bad? Lol Im looking at it and I don't see why I should send it back. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us