Need Help deciding new system

Silver Member
Username: Themann

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 141
I haven't really been keeping up with all the buzz around ecoustics lately, been studying too much. I am in need of a new system - tired of mine now (one 15" BL running off of a kicker sx1250.1, it's amazing I just want more, like everybody else).

I had originally planned to get the BTL but now that I've been thinking I may want a different brand. I have a couple questions:

1)Where is the best place to purchase a HO alternator?
2)I have 0 gauge wire and am going to get a battery, what else do I need electrically?
3)What is the best sub in comparison to the BTL for under $700 (that can be one sub or two).
4)I want SPL, so what is better 15s or 18s (I may only want a one sub setup but we'll see where the budget leads) Someone told me 18s are "muddy" I just want SPL.
5)Also along with the sub options can you please give me amp options to go along with them preferably under $600.

Sorry so many questions but I wanted to get it all out in one post. Beware, I am still a audiophile in training, so please help me :-).

Thank you so much

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 142
bump. . . please help. lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8655
Well lets start with the alternator. I recommend DB Electrical or MCR for that. Wire the big 3 in 0 gauge and a good battery i.e. odyssey or kenetik that will make you a solid electrical system.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 717
i would recommend MECHMAN alts, powermaster for the battery, you wont be disappointed, and KNUkonceptz wire

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 718
18's and that bish will get lowww sooo loud

check out cascade-designs for the subs also supposed to be the hottest thing coming out ;)

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 235
what kinda amp you going to try running? "18" muddy" never i had a 18" Q and it sounded so clean!! and it was on a sx1250.1 too. the new BTL's look a lot better then the old one did. you can try like mark gots two 18" Alpha's, HW or some TC 18" if you can find one. umm DD 9518/9917. well there some

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 143
Quentin, I'm not sure what kind of amp I'm going to be running. I was kinda going to pick the sub first and then get the best suited amp from there. That's what I've done in the past.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1330
dd9915 i have an 18 btl and love it though

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 144
I've been looking at RD Audio's Elite SPL V.2...What's your opinion on these?

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 221
SQ= something that accurately reproduces the original recording. To achieve this, the sub system's design must include things like input power, of course its enclosure (size/type/alignment/positioning/etc), and the rest of the system it is to be paired with. You can make a decent subwoofer sound very good if you attack all the variables with equal thought.

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 145
Why did you just tell me that? I know what SQ is. I want to know opinions on the RD Elite SPL V.2 and other subs comparable in sound and price, please.

Thanks so much.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4550
I would go with the dd9917 but thats just me. I loved my dd for spl and it sounded great also. you can pick up a dd 9500 motor and send it to them so they can upgrade it to become a 9917 much cheaper way rather than buying a brand new one. Then buy a 3000+ rms amp and youll be happy. after you get a alt and big 3 going

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 146
Charlie, that sounds like a great idea. Where can I pick up a 9500 motor, and how much would it cost for it and then the upgrade to the 9917? If you don't know exact prices, just lead me in the right direction :-)

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1680
if you want the rd sub i can hook you up. i have 2 12" alpha/elite d2 these were custom to my application. what they are is a elite coil with a alpha spider stiffened up so basically a high powered alpha. they sound great off of 3k or more. i can sell them to you for 450.00 shipped and that my friend is a sweet price. there are alot of people that can vouch for me here.

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 147
Scott, unfortunately I don't have the money right now. I am trying to decide what I want and then I am going to sell mine and save a little, but I want to make sure everything is lined up. But I will definitely keep your subs in mind

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1681
i would take the bl in trade plus cash from you

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 148
damn. you make a good bargain my friend. How much would I owe you after the trade? you are making me seriously consider this now.

p.s. I'm at college right now and my car is back at home so... just to let you know.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1682
pm sent

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 149
pm sent to you too sir.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1683
box wise i would 4-5 cf tuned around 34-36hz. amp wise rd3250 or sundown 3000 as far as ref. go i can make a new thread watch

Silver Member

Mt. Holly, NC USA

Post Number: 150
Scott, I just pmed you.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1685
you will better off with my hybrids the elite is geared for spl and dont play well on music.if not mine then a alpha more suited for music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us