Phase 2

Bronze Member
Username: Gnarkiller

Selah, Wa Usa

Post Number: 11
Ok the mono amp for my subs should arrive any day now and I will almost be ready to get my car sounding twice as good.

So now that Im using a new amp for my subs. the next question is how should i set up my type R components?

So I was thinking I should use my power acoustik amp that puts out 150 rms x2 at a 4 ohm load. With my type R's being rated at 110 per set, could I just set it up with the gain lowered watching out for stess, or distortion on my speakers??? I was reading one of glasswolf's posts about zero reference tone but i got confused. and it seems like the power acoustik is made mainly for subs. will this be bad for sq? Keep in mind I have sony 4 channel amp that is a POS and I got for free. I think puts out around 130 bridged. *Also I was reading a deal on crutchfield that says you get what you pay for on an amp and cheaper amps ruin imaging etc.

Also what wiring package should I get? do i need to get an extra fuse by the battery?

I will post additional info about the amp models and stuff it needed.

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8639
the pa amp should be fine for the speakers.

Look up what gauge power wire the amps need get a kit with that gauge.

And yes anytime you have a power wire connect to the battery it must have a fuse there no exceptions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us