Comps

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 970
i need some new comps for my car. What would be a good pair that will sound great for under 200

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8616
why do people always spend a ton on subs and skimp on the budget for the most important part of the system.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2582
x2.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 585
What size? Look into Diamond audio D6. I dot have any experince with them, but I they have been recommended to me.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2584
I've had Diamond audio and they do sound clean. Not as loud or clean as my mmats.

Username: Lnhiv

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
Diamond D661s if you can find them...don't get the new D662s if you can avoid it; they don't sound as good. And make sure you amp them otherwise they'll sound like crap. If you've got a couple extra bucks, you can get the Diamond HEX S600s (next step above the D6's) for just over $200 shipped, but you don't get the warranty.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 971
i need a 6.5. they will being ran off a kicker 5 channel amp

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 2
What's the model of the amp? What kind of power is it putting out? Are you gonna run it as 3 or 5 channels? The model numbers I listed are for 6.5's, btw.

There are a lot of options out there, the main things that are going to limit you are budget and power capabilities. $200 doesn't give you a lot of options really.

We need to know two things to start: the amount of power you will be supplying, and what is your maximum budget?

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 974
im pretty sure its 700 watts at 5 channels its one of the digital amps an i really ont wanna go over 200 but will if i have too. Btw i only spent 180 a piece on my subs brand new with warranty

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 3
I'm guessing that's the ZX700.5 (since that's the only 5 channel kicker amp I know of). It's pushing 70x4 + 210x1 at 4ohms and 85x4 + 420x1 at 2 ohms.

If you're going to run it as a 5 channel, I'd suggest the Diamond D662s cause then you won't be underpowering them (the D661s are a little more power hungry).

I don't know if it will run as a 3 channel or not as I haven't messed with this specific amp...the birthsheet or manual should say so. If it will that opens up a couple more options, but honestly it sounds to me like you're just trying to improve the sound in your vehicle, not build an sq or spl machine.

Really for any decent set of components you'll most likely need to push at least 150-170w to each of them, if not more towards 200-250w. You're amp should handle a nicer set of comps if you can do the 3-channel, but it's really dependent on how far you want to go and whether or not you want to amp your rears.

Sorry if I'm not being real helpful...I'm just trying to gage what will fit you best, and it's a little hard over the internet.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4629
^^ I wish all newer members would make that much sense.

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 4
Why thank you very much :-)

I wish I made that much sense all the time, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1419
Larry ftw.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1494
ahhhhhhhh. simply refreshing. nice

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 713
still need some?

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 975
yeah what do you got D

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 714
bnib CDT EF-61 CF comes with warrant, great comps i love mine, 200 shipped, interested? the sell for lik 350 new last time i check

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 726
ben

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 977
im sorry d i cant holf you up on this i just had some bills come up so i cant get them at this moment dam credit cards :-(

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 728
oh know, as soon as you need some i can supply em, if thats too much we can step level if you want

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14272
anything from DLS sounds naturally clean as a whistle ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us