Help me wire dvc 2ohm sub pls

Username: Jahsonas

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have this amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9082_JVC+Arsenal+KS-AR7501D.html# and i have 1 jvc sub dvc 2ohm 1000rms, can you help me wire this sub to this amp so sub get 1ohm load,i wire sub + with another + and - with -,but how can i wire then to my amp cuz amp have 4 termals 2+ and 2-,thank you and sorry for such a noobish question

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4534
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

Post Number: 2
thanks charlie i know that,as i said + with + and - with - but then how can i wire it to my amp cuz my amp have 4 outputs if you can go to the link i posted you can see picture of that amp,thanks

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4539
you see in the diagram the + and - coming off. Those are going to be the 2 going into the amp the + in the + and the - in the -. Also read the directions that come with your amp cause IM not sure if you have to bridge the amp to get those powers if not then just do what i said aboce. I doubt you have to bridge it though. But check out the directions first. The 4 connections are for if you going to have more subs and for diff reasons. So only use 2 of them.

Post Number: 3
well still not sure how to connect cuz there no such thing like a diagram on instruction manual,and you cant bridge mono amp

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8617
You just use 2 of the connections...... not that hard. They are connected internally.

And no you can't bridge a mono amp.

Post Number: 4
so i connect sub like a this Upload thank you

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8619
yeah

Post Number: 5
so what's the point for mono amp have 4 outputs? btw if i connect wires like a this does it still gona be the same 1ohm load?
Upload
thank you for help guys

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 584
It has 4 connection points to give you more options for wiring. You will have the same load as long as you connect using 1 positive and 1 negative.

"You just use 2 of the connections...... not that hard. They are connected internally."

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8621
" so what's the point for mono amp have 4 outputs? "

To make wiring 2 subs easier. So you don't have to stick 2 wires in each terminal. There is only one real set of outputs, just 4 terminals.

" if i connect wires like a this does it still gona be the same 1ohm load? "

Its the same as the other way..... on a mono amp + is + and - is - it doesn't matter which one you connect the wire to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us