Just installed Fi15Q+ED-NINe1 and I am dissapointed

Bronze Member
Username: Style_front

Post Number: 28
I like how loud it gets but the frequancy response is horrible. The tempo bass lines in hip hop are non exhistant the ony measurable bass is when the bass drops, then it blows the doors off. It's in a 2.25cf sealed enclosure, quick transitions kind of suck too. Ive heard a ported jl 13 make quicker/smoother transitions, I thought the sealed would make for nice tight transitions. Oh well, next time I wil just go with some thing I know first hand sounds good like the jl W7 line.

I had high hopes since all you guys have had positive things to say about ED and FI. Ive tampered with the amp, have the phase zero'd, subsonic filter's about 25hz, LPF around 100hz (ive tried it in every position possible, lol), gain is down and bass boost is up (any other way it was muddy/sloppy, this smoothed every thing out). I will try adding poly but that wont fix the frequancy response (which sucked the same with gain up and bass boost down, only muddier).

What can I do to bring the low lows down a few decibals and bring, well, every thing else up a few? It's not musical at all in it's current state.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 460
try tuning the bass boost down and turn up the gain and turn the lpf down to about 80 hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Just gave that a shot, no noticable difference.

Music plays without much bass making the user turn up the volume, the BAM! The bass drops and you have to back it off. Still unbalanced.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

You forum mods are a b..., Try sucking ... US

Post Number: 4837
Make sure your SS filter is off, no need for it to be on in a sealed enclosure. Also make sure all EQ is set to 0 or flat. Also Make sure the loudness is off on the HU. If you have components make sure your crossover points don't overlap to much and it they do make sure phase is set correctly. Just curious, did you try more than one song? Polo.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks for the advice polo, I will give what you said a shot and yes, I tried many songs, lol. The worst was changing radio stations, haha, if it was at a tolerable sound level on one station it might be popping your ear drums when you switched to a new one. Again the reason this is happening is the song that was tolerable didn't have any deep bass, switch to a song that does mistakenly and it will knock your hat off.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2670
my 18" Q had nothing on 60hz+, even sealed. just not a high note hitting sub... loves the lows. not sure why you don't think it doesn't sound good, because they do lol

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2366
It sounds like the problem isn't the sub, it has to be more in depth. I've heard a few sealed Qs that sounded amazing. Do you have some type of EQ? What is it set at? Make sure the Headunit's bass is at 0 and the EQ is set correctly.

Bypas the HU with an Ipod or something and just see how the bass reacts.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4538
def something wrong here check into the ss filter, turn bb down check hu for loudness/bb. and turn frequency down. try those if not keep testing somethings def wrong should have nice response.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14255
good pointers from polo - also check the freq filters on ur HU , personally i dont like the lpf higher than 80 i keep mine to 50hz & SS off since im running 2 10s RE SE sealed & comps crossed down to 50hz as well so it balances perfectly ...

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 807
Give it (the Q that is) some time to break in.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5694
im curious to what headunit your running :-)

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 707
wow sorry but your complaining that bass is to much and you have the bass boost turned up?!?!?!, turn that down and gain up, let that subs break in for sure

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2778
so d money ..

the key to tuning a system is to turn the bass boost all the way down and the gain all the way up?

seems kind of assanine to me

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 712
lol noooo, not gain all the way up, ok so he wants to send 1000 rms at 2 ohms so multiply that so 2000 and sq root that

but then again you know that but was jus trying to make me look lik a idoit

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4547
^^^^^lmao dumba$$

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 716
wat?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 2030
Assuming you have a multimeter, check to see if your amp is putting out the same voltage hi and low frequencies.

If you need test tones, download some here...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm

Maybe even try filling your box and bring it down to 2.0 cf after displacement.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1428
charles is the dumbas*

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 720
yeah haha, he must not know about me......

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 218
SQ= something that accurately reproduces the original recording. To achieve this, the sub system's design must include things like input power, of course its enclosure (size/type/alignment/positioning/etc), and the rest of the system it is to be paired with. You can make a decent subwoofer sound very good if you attack all the variables with equal thought.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4549
oh snowblower lol

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1429
wtf Lucas, you lied. You said you were never coming back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us