Back to simplicity

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1479
ok well i was toying with the idea of doing a 3way active setup up front but i am now going to opt to go for just a 2 way active system because i dont want to make the kick pods and i dont think i can fit them w/o relocating my hood release.

I want to know is it possible to have good sq and spl with just a 2 way system with the door speakers not pointing towards your ears?

i plan to put the tweeters in the sails and aim them towards my ears but the door speakers i do not have this option. is there special speakers i need. i plan to make a small sealed (.2-.4 cubes) fiberglass enclosure extending from the door panel itself. this is a must for many reasons i dont feel like typing.

i dont want to spend a lot of money, under$200. but i need these things to get LOUD on 90 rms and sound good doing it

Username: Gnarkiller

Selah, Wa Usa

Post Number: 9
well I just got alpine type R comps for $130 and those are rated at 110 rms.

one of the type x models you can find under 200 but they are like 75 rms wich is weird.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1480
i dont want alpine. ive heard bad things. and i dont want infinity either i have them and hate them.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8633
If you can up the bidget just a little look into Diamond HEX

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1481
i heard the diamond dont have good midbass.

also i can give 180 rms cuz im ditching th rear speakers.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8642
which diamonds. I have heard the HEXs and they are simply great.

People say the lower models are quite so good though.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1482
what about if i use a sealed enclosure? i plan on doing htis to protect the speakers more than anything.

i have heard that small sealed enclosure can enhance and inhibit the sound and midbass of speakers.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8647
All speakers need an enclosure to work properly. While some people use the door as the enclosure, thats works but isn't optimal..... around .3 cu.ft. is usually best if you have that much space. If not less is ok.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1483
word so could i keep my kappas and get much better results if i make the enclosures i was going to make for the new speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us