Suggest Brands for Subs and amps

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 547
Ok so I now have a shop. Basically I became an owning partner of a shop that was already in town. The owner got pretty busy and inventory is low. We are an authorized dealer for memphis,orion, and fusion. I need to pick up another budget line. I was thinking hifonics, or mtx, does anyone have any opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1392
I would say Hifonics. Most people are usually on a tight budget and hifonics is decent brand for the price.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1393
What about Alpine or Phoenix Gold?

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
I am trying to stay away from what other dealers in town have, The competition carries JL,Alpine,RF,Cerwin Vega,JBL,...so anything other than those.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1397
RE?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10477
Well if you are in it to make money (which I would hope you are), I would try to pick up JL and Alpine as people get woodys over them and will pay a pretty penny for them. Another option is Kicker and Sony. While Sony makes doo doo equipment, people don't know that and will buy it. Kicker makes nice products and people always get woodys over them as well. Hate to say it, but Audiobahn sells pretty big in my area as well. What about MB Quart, Focal, Viper alarms, or Pioneer?

Good luck with the business venture.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1489
infinity, crossfire, Autotek, hifonics, pioneer, eclipse, clarion, Polk, Boston Acoustics, Kenwwod... not all budget, but something to work with..

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
i think im going go with autotek, hifionics, and Pioneer. pioneer because people like their head units i nthis area.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2362

quote:

I was thinking hifonics, or mtx

Maxxsonics has alot of great budget lines. Try picking up Autotek and Hifonics from them.

And MTX is not exacly budget...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1282
crossfire amps are good. the subs are pretty good too. a friend of mine has 2 10's in a box(3.5@35Hz) and it gets plenty loud and sounds pretty nice on 600rms.

i have a crossfire vr354 to run my comps. its good but does get hot when i play my music for a while(45min-1hour)

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanwalsh524

Post Number: 68
I think you should def. go with the RE brand. Think about it... someones walking by and sees a 18" RE XXX in the display window... their def. gunna walk in haha.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3377
Alpine, JL, Rockford Fosgate = Making money.

Unless you are a strictly custom shop that is shooting for the 1% of people into car audio you need to carry brands like that. Ive seen honestly 10-12 shops get shut down in the STL area from carrying brands noone knows. Get a solid brand like Alpine and then also have your "real" brands like RE, DD, etc...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us