Would 2 IDMAX12 D2 work with my amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanwalsh524

Post Number: 61
I have a Massive Audio P1500.1 amp?
This is the spec's of it http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/p-15001-amplifier-comes-with-a-free-ak4-wireki t-for-a-limit-c-252-p-1-pr-16163.html

I had it to power my 10" stroker but i think i set it up wrong or something but will this amp work? and how much RMS will the amp put out to each sub? thanks everyone.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6632
well it says it does 950wrms @ 2ohm, so you'd wire the pair to that and each would see about 450-475w. that is if the amp does rated power, never used it or know anyone with that amp so not sure. is it 1ohm stable? that link says 1500wrms x 1, but not sure if that's just some peak rating or something. what does it say in the manual? if it does 1500wrms @ 1ohm get a pair of dual 4ohm subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanwalsh524

Post Number: 62
yes 1500watt rms stable at 1 ohm. its max power is 3000watts. and from everywhere ive read... it does push the power that it says it does. damn... 450wrms per sub sucks. whats the difference between the dual 2 ohm and the dual 4 ohm? other question that has nothing to do with this. my cv stroker is dual voice coil. now this may be a stupid question... but how do i hook it up with the positive and negatives on the sub itself to hook it to the amp? do i run the negative to negative on the actual sub then to the amp and same with the positive or do i only wire 1 side up? (its been wired only 1 side and it stop working so i switched them to the other side and it worked then stoped a few months later. so i tried this other way and now my lights dim and so does the amp light and im not even pushing alot of power...? this prob. confuses the hell out of u cause i dont know how to write it correctly sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us