Narrowed the selection down on sub - need advice

Bronze Member
Username: Indyvdub

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 22
Okay, I got some good feedback on choosing a sub for my friend's system. I have four subs that I'm considering and I want opinions on which would be the best choice of these and why. The amp he'll be using is an Eclipse XA 1000 that's rated at 480 watts X 1 @ 2ohms with 14.4 volts. Box will probably be slot ported at whatever the recommended optimal size is. We're looking for good sound quality with a little more emphasis on SPL. This is for one 12". The choices are:

DC Soundlab Level 3
Audioque SDC 2.5
American Bass XO
RE SE

What do you guys think? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8592
I've only heard the RE and the AQ and I'd take the RE.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14247
heard all except AQ & i think the AB is what ur looking for ...

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 24
Okay, so I have one vote for the RE and one for the American Bass sub. Anyone else have an opinion? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1487
any of the 4 would do fine... The only one I have not heard is DC.. I would love to try the lvl 5's I vote for the DC!

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1391
I vote DC just to make it one vote for each. Now someone vote for the AQ. But really, I was thinking about getting the Level 4. Looks like a sexy sub.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1674
i have heard all 4 and say the dc

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 25
Okay, I think I'm going to go with either the DC level 3 or the RE SE. Between those two, which would be better for overall sound quality and which for output? Sub will be installed in a 2.5 cu.ft. slot port box that is tuned to around 28Hz. Thanks for your help once again.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2344
Scoot knows what he's talking about so i would go with the DC and i'm no expert but 28hz seems extremely low those level 3's are know to be low end monsters i would go with more of 35-40 hz

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14263
IMHO SQ lower end on the RE is better\smoother than the DC - if want some loud more than sq get the DC ...

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1679
rovin is right the re se will be smoother on the lower end but the dc will outperform it on everything else
oh and tune between 34-36hz

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 26
Okay, so I looked into getting a DC level 3 and the nearest shop wants $380 plus $35 to ship. Does that sound right? Checked a couple other places and they were close to that too. So the RE SE is a no brainer at this point. $150 shipped, case closed. I appreciate everyones help. Thanks again.

Gold Member

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1686
happy bumpin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us