Highs buzzing??

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 803
what can it be from?? what are things to check... the car is a 97 accord sedan se.. i have a red top optima under the hood and the focus series eathquakes in the front doors ran off of a a6004t. i have one speaker on channel 1/2 and the other on 3/4 (bridged) i use to have one speaker on channel 1 and the other one channel 2 and it still buzzed.. but now it buzzes louder the it gets louder when my RPMs get higher. what are things i can check?? thanks for all the help. (they are component speakers)

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2773
pioneer source unit?

check ur rcas

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6851
also check grounds.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 804
no its a dual xdvd700 i think it is i can check the ground... how would i check the rcas.. what do i look for?? if they are touching or something

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 807
anything else?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8584
Take an mp3 or cd player and a headphone jack to rca cable. Connect it to the amp. If the problem persists it's the amp, if not it's the HU.

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 204
ok. its alt. noise DEFF.

take your RCAs in your HU out, take a speaker wire from each RCA(make the wire hook so that it will stay in place when you plug in your RCAs + make sure its only touching the outer edge of the RCA when you plug theRCA back in.) then connect the other end of the speaker wire to a ground anywhere. i used my CD players ground.

it works.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1486
lucas please stop, "buzzing" does not equate to alternator whine or whistle. the highs "buzzing" is a diff issue. chances are you might and i mean MIGHT have a alternator whine but i've ran the dual units in my friends cars, tyically the alt whine is non existant in that unit. the best soloution is take M.S. advice and diagnose each one from unit to unit.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 207
umm, its probably alt whine.

he probably didnt describe it as alt noise because he doesn't know what alt. noise is, just like i didnt when i first had it,

you big doo-doo head.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1487
btw lucas i'll destroy u with my one type - r, 4 subs on one channel 2 on another, you have no room to talk.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 208
one, how old are you???

im a 17 year old in high school.

my system cost more than my car, and my car was only 500bucks.

if i had the money to go get what i wanted it wouldn't be a question.

then again, that goes for everyone.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4605
Lucas stfu and stop trying to answer questions here.

You have dozens of far more important questions to answer about how you hijacked the failboat.

Bronze Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 18
"hijacked the failboat"

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3376
I love it when Brad gets salty.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 810
lol.. i didin't really understand how to check my RCAs.. but i turned down the amp a bit and it stopped stop.. its there but not really noticable... i can live with it and the highs still get plenty loud

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4532
D check you rca's make sure they are connected fully. also make sure your amp is grounded properly. Did you sand the paint down and grd it correctly or did you doa quick job cause trust me it makes a big diffrence. But my bet would be a lose rca's so do what MS said above to diagnose the problem

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 812
alright cool.. thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us