Finding peak freq

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1302
i know there are posts about this but i couldnt find them.
i wanna know how to find the peak fq of my mazda truck (ford ranger) box is tuned to 36hz if that matters

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1472
can you get your hands on a sealed box... Doesn't really have to be to exact specs for your subs... If you can put your subs in that box and have it metered on a TL and find out what FREQ. you get the best reading on... Or you can stuff your port and do the same thing just dont go crazy trying to get killer #'s.. Do it at about 1/2-3/4 volume and see where you peak...

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 893
what i am learning that tuning the same freq as ur car is bad. it has cancelation.
the best way if ur looking for spl is tune it low and meter it.. cut and inch off the port, then meter it

and keep going until u have it loudest

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1303
unfortunatly my port is built in not interchangable but im about to buil a new box

Silver Member

Post Number: 894
take the sub out and cut the port on the inside if u have room

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1475

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10637
One of the ways you can do this is get a sub and place it in a sealed enclosure that provides a flat curve and test the spl one frequency at a time making note of your results and make sure you test at near max volume that the sub can play.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 805
what if he makes a 4 ccu ft. box and makes a 26 sq. inch port that is interchangable and starts it @ 35 hz. and like BLK said just keep cutting back till he gets his peak.. say its @ 42.. will it still be 42 if he makes his box 5 cu.ft and 75 sq. inches port?

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1306
right now its 8cuft with i think 120sq in its too big i made it 2 years ago b4 i knew what i was really doing so im about to build a new one

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 806
oh i see.. i was just giving an example but i was trying to ask if u can test out a certain size and still have the same peak

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 808
will that work or no??

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
don't understand.
r u talking about cuft of box?

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 809
ya.. like if he has a certain size of box with a certain size of interchangable port and find his peak like that... then he makes a different size of box with a different size of port will it had the same peak or will it change b/c of different cu ft. and port area
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us