Ascendant Audio

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 226
So someone had posted something about AA and I went to the website and there is just something about it that unconsciously caught my attention. Since I am looking to buy new sub(s) within the next month, maybe I will go AA. Any, when it comes to subs, Hitting the hardest is not what I care about. Quality is what I like, and no I am not a huge SQ person, but I have a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT HU and listen mostly to my iPod and occasionally test tones or something from SD card. Mostly listen to rock/alt/metal, occasionally rap for fun. Currently have 2 10" Alpine Type-S on Alpine MRD-M605 amp running approx 600rms. I really like it, but I want more.

-Car: 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse
-Stock Electrical with stock alt (110A @ idle)
-I perfer using a sealed box because I don't want to loose my entire trunk.

Looking at:
[All are by Ascendant Audio]
-10" Arsenal (x2) [powered by 1000rms class d mono amp] [1.0 cu ft box divided in middle giving 0.5 cu ft to each sub in sealed box]
-12" Chaos (x1) [powered by 800-1000rms class d mono amp depending on what it can handle] [1.0 cu ft sealed box]
-12" Havoc (x1) [powered by 1000-1200rms class d mono amp. only consider if not insanely expensive and if my stock electrical can handle it] [1.2 cu ft sealed box]

So yeah, that's what I am looking at. I figured the 2 10" Arsenal's would be louder than the 12" Chaos cause of more cone space or whatever.

So which do you think would be best? Need amp suggestions as well but I am looking at AQ 1200d because I figured 1200rms is most my car can handle with stock electrical. Also, anyone know prices of these or where I can get them? I haven't really looked around on the website yet, but I didn't see them.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2065
Out of those I would choose either the chaos or the havoc...

Since you already have two tens SEALED on ~600RMS

Adding 400 more watts and a change up to arsenals probably wont be what you're looking for.

I have a feeling when you say you want more, you want MORE.

I would go with the 12" chaos and port it... It will be louder than your two tens you have now. Throw about a K or a little more to it and hopefully find the gain you want.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 227
I know a lot of people on here prefer porting everything, but I figure its gonna come down to the 2 arsenals or the havoc. Reason I dont want to port it, because the box would be double the size. I am enlisted in the military, even though I got a few months til boot, and after that I will be moving, so I want to keep as much trunk space as possible. Box size is very important.

Quick question.
2 10" arsenals powered by 1000rms
vs
1 12" havoc powered by 1000rms

wouldnt the arsenals appear to be louder cause of more cone space? Or am I thinking this all wrong?

My 2 10" i have make the car shake enough, so if i do go with the havoc, it will be sealed. designing ported boxes is a little harder, plus it would need 2.0-2.5 cu ft compared to 1.2 cu ft [which 1.2 is the websites optimal size for sealed].

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 717
were can you even buy their stuff from and what are the prices

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 228
That's what I am wondering. On their website all I found was a phone number and email to email them [which I did, no reply yet but will post prices when I know something]. Do they only sell direct from their website or something? Or do they have dealers all across the country

EDIT: From what I found on google, they went dealer based and that's the only way they sell. But only dealer I can find is 'Hardcore Customs' in Denton, TX and I am all the way in KY and I can't even get a phone number for them. I am hoping AA will respond to my email with dealer locations, but they really need to list their dealers or a dealer search on their website.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2066
If you're looking for gain from two sealed tens... going two sealed tens of a different driver with the same power is basically pointless..

But hey its your money.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 229
im not comparing 2 10" arsenals to my 2 10" type s...thats 1000rms vs 600rms, but i am comparing 2 10" arsenals to 1 12" havoc both running 1000rms, the 2 arsenals would be louder cause of more cone area.

Anyway, finally got some pricing info and where to get AA products. I called AA factory and they basically said they only sell via dealers, but they have literally only 3 dealers in the country. They gave me the number to one dealer who actually ships, and if he doesn't have the product in stock, they will drop ship from the factory.

10" Arsenal - $165 shipped [dual 4 ohm]
12" Arsenal - $175 shipped [dual 4 ohm]
12" Havoc - $319 shipped [dual 1 or dual 2 ohm]

Prices aren't to bad actually, and he pretty much convinced me to go with the 2 10" and said if I was going sealed to do it 0.35-0.4 cu ft per each sub after displacement. So box will be no bigger than 0.9-1.0 cu ft.

Anyone disagree with him or anything?

Also, need an amp...he suggested Sundown SAE-1000d and gave me a website to get one for $250 referbished [even though they are out of stock right now] and also told me AQ1200D would be good but look into them first as he knows a few people on SSA who have gotten faulty ones [power supply failing, bad RCA's, etc].

Amp suggestions? Need something that will power 1000-1200rms at 1 ohms. help please

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6618
can't go wrong with the sundowns, that'd be my first choice personally. don't know your budget but i think the sundown sae1200d is still available for preorder. or you can contact jake and ask him if he has any refurb./b-stock, and there's a 1000d for sale over on caraudio.com right now for $220 shipped, and could probably get it a little cheaper.

can't help you on the box though, never ran the newer models.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 230
yeah, I have heard nothing but good things about sundown, but they are a little pricey...and budget, well its whatever i feel like saving for. gonna be spending 330 on 2 new subs, like to get amp for 200-250.

box, site recommends 0.25-0.5 and Nick at the shop suggested on the lower end of that since i mostly listen to rock/alt/metal and occasionally rap. Not sure what the displacement is on these, but I figured build a box that is net 1.1 cu ft and that should work out great. Subs firing up at the hatch.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6619
imo, try to get the sundown over on ca.com. you could probably get it for around $190 shipped, and the warranty is transferable on them if you ever have an issue with them.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 231
Oh sweet, didnt know the warranty was transferable...well if its still there when i get paid i will go for it then. happen to got the link for it so my lazy butt doesnt have to search? =D

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6620
at work so i can't post links. just go to the for sale section, it's titled 'LNIB SUNDOWN SAE1000D', or something. can't miss it.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 232
alright, thanks. I will check it out and hopefully it will still be there when i can get it.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2765
not impressed with new AA stuff

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 233
Mike, wanna justify your statement?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2766
they arent what they used to be ..

i have a BNIB ava sitting in my room for when AA was legit .. ive listened to the havocs on numerous occasions and ive hated every setup i heard ..

they just arent there ne more

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18563
And why kill a legend like the Ava? When you find gold.......keep it. No?

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 234
Ever heard the Arsenal's?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 803
Talk to Shawn Flemming or Brian Owens. Both have done numerous installs with Ascendant drivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us