Old PPI vs. JL Slash vs. Zapco Ref

Bronze Member
Username: Indyvdub

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 17
Okay, as the title implies, I'm looking for new amps and these are the three that I'm really interested in having compared. I'd be looking at the PPI a600.2 and a404, the JL 300/2v2 and 500/1v2, and the Zapco Reference 1000.4 (without the new digital processing). The amps will be used to run a set of 6.5" components and a 12" sub (SQ/SQL setup). Cost is pretty close for all three set ups, with the JL and Zapco about even and the PPI amps about $150-200 cheaper but requiring an external crossover. What do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2390
I would go witht he Zapco for sure. No to JL either way for SQ.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 19
Thanks for the input Kevin. Anyone else have an opinion?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4379
Zapco

your other choices are good as well, but with the Zapco its just one amp.

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 21
So Marc, do you think the Zapco is a better choice simply because I would only be running one amp? If so, why do you think one amp would be better than running two? Just curious.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4385
well, for easy of installation, efficiancy, and quality, Zapco is the winner in your line up.
As stated, all those amp choices would work well, Now if there was 2 zapcos, one for comps, and 1 for sub, then I would probly go with JL, again due to the efficiancy and dependability and flexibility.

PPI would be my last choice due to not having any first hand experiance with them...yet.
but imo, i think the newer ppi amps are not as great as some may think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us