Ascendant Audio - anyone familiar?

Bronze Member
Username: Indyvdub

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 12
I've been out of the game for about 2-3 years now and would like to know if Ascendant Audio still makes nice subs? Back then, as kind of an underground company, they made the Atlas and a few others and they were extremely popular. However, I know how quickly things can change in this industry and I wasn't sure if their stuff was still the same caliber as before. Does anyone have personal experience with the new products? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2062
I liked my havocs. Although alot of people don't like them now.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4370
I never owned or used an AA product but through a lot of reading. The products have changed over the past years. They no long carry the Atlas and avalanche line. No more xbl^2, and some other things. http://www.ascendantaudio.com/products.php

Check out the new line of subwoofers they offer. The Chaos and mayhem look interesting. Don't know if they're out yet but I'm going to go check right now :-).

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6617
from the few i've heard, i like the old aa better. never heard the chaos, mayhem, and i think they have another one, but compared to the old models they don't compare. i was really looking forward to aa when they were still waiting to release they're lines, but i think like alot of others, when they came back out they kind of dissapointed. to long of a wait for products that imo didn't live up to the old aa, and not to mention raised prices and no more direct sales:-(

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 16
Man that sucks. They used to be so good and affordable. Guess that's the way the game works huh. Hey Berny or Andrizzle, whatever happened to Jonathan and Glasswolf? When I was a member a few years ago, they were the go-to guys and now obviously I haven't seen them. When was the last time they were on here?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8569
Glass is a mod on caraudiocentral now, though he doesn't post as much here or there due to his medical condition I think.

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 18
I see. I didn't know he had any medical problems. When did he make the move to caraudiocentral? Also, how about Jonathan? I miss his reviews on equipment. They were the best you could get by far. Anyone know if he's still around on any other site?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18558
Haven't seen Johnathan in eons.

Lot's of members have moved on.

And some just won't go away!

Bronze Member

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 20
Man that really sucks that Jonathan took off. He had more knowledge about equipment than anyone I've ever talked to. It was hard to find a set of speakers that he wasn't familiar with. Very helpful too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us