Why is it?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18552
Jesus why is this forum dead???!!!!

In the most populated section of Ecoustics we used to see posts every 2-3 minutes. Usually much sooner. Now we see threads go as much as an HOUR between posts.

An hour.

That's too freaking long.

Some insight, please.

Anyone?

Just me throwing it out there.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4367
Yeah I noticed it as well. Really does suk

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22565
its the stock market paul. it affects all.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6616
i've noticed that to, that's why i really only post from work now. this place is starting to suck now that the regulars aren't here. and imo, sometimes i can't stand coming here cause the majority of all recommendations it seems is rd or aq, like it's thier forum or something. nothing against the companies, but it'd be nice if every amp recommendation isn't the aq 1200, etc.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18553
I mean I used to check this place every hour or less for something different. Now it's more like every 3-4. Sometimes a day.

Where the fluck are all are regulars going??

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4592
It's because there are new idiot nOObs all over the place, and after like two weeks of asking idiotic nOOb questions they decide they are now ready to start answering questions themselves that they have no idea about. Also, our "admin" has no clue what he is doing, answers to a few morons that constantly complain to him from the satellite forum, never does anything we ask of him, etc. etc.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2833
Real talk^^

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2342

quote:

nothing against the companies, but it'd be nice if every amp recommendation isn't the aq 1200, etc.

Why is that? In today's economy, people do not have the money to be buying expensive setups.

Name another solid 1200rms amp NIB for $250.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1299
people spam up the forum so nobody wants to deal with it

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2059
we need to add some spice.

ill work on it

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2060
jailbait thread anyone

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8564
I can't speak for others, but me I don't post as much simply because i don't have as much time....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2343

quote:

I can't speak for others, but me I don't post as much simply because i don't have as much time....

Yeah, pretty much the same thing here. I get on here at night and check it out, but usually it is dead.

Bronze Member
Username: Indyvdub

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 11
Uh, dead isn't the word for it!! I posted a question about components in the speaker section on Tuesday just before 2pm EST and another post hasn't been made since (check it out - I'm still at the top), except me bumping it which was unnecessary anyway. Are you kidding me?!! Two and a half days and not one post relating to speakers!!!! What the hell is going on? I used to be a member on here back in 2005 and it was great. Whatever happend to Jonathan and Glasswolf, the super gurus back then?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2646
I'm with you M.S. and Nick.

I enjoy the forum, but there are other things going on for me right now. E will always be my home tho I learned all I know on here.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

Olney, IL US

Post Number: 958
imo the decline in the subwoofer section is bad, but its nothing compared to the general decline of the car audio section of this forum as a whole. In the past couple weeks i've seen questions go unanswered for days, and some not even answered at all, in the amp and speaker sections. I think it is partly due to the fact that the regulars, who usually give very good advice, are getting tired of answering the same "is this amp good" or "i want something you can hear for a mile" questions posted by new members, so they don't answer them, which in turn drives the new members else where for their answers, leaving our forum deserted. but i mean you can't blame the regulars, some threads are just so repetitive that they don't even warrant the effort of an answer. I miss the good ole days when i could hop on here and read new posts and threads for hours at a time because there was always something new flying around.

Bronze Member
Username: Indyvdub

Indianapolis, IN

Post Number: 13
Exactly right Gavin. I've only been back on here for a week and can't believe how much things have changed (for the worse). Hell the speaker section used to be extremely hot and now it seems like unless you're into full blown SPL you're outta luck. Everything has its place and spl systems are part of the game but come on. I really take pride in asking intelligent, carefully thought out questions in hopes I'll get some intelligent and informative responses. Instead, I end up getting no response even after almost 3 days. "What happened man? You used to be beautiful!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
If you want anything responded to about car audio, post it in the sub section.

Everyone reads it, and you're guaranteed to get an answer.

Sub section = truth
everyone knows that

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2988
for me, i started college and my car is just sittin in my parents garage til may so i kinda just lost interest basically

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4369
^Which reminds me. Ever since I sold my system in the Yukon and never had the money to install a new one, I've lost interest. I'm not into it as much anymore, although I still am. Trying to pay off debt and get my cars up and running. I should be back in the game soon. Fixing up the Civic and should have a system in it. I should be back then, which is probaly next month.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 321
I agree with Nick, the margin of people who have $ to invest in a car system has greatly diminished. Gas prices have stopped me from putting more money and time into my car system. These days I don't have as much freedom to cruse around in my car as much as I use to. I figure I should start investing in a home audio system where I can enjoy it all day. Even then, most people today don't have the option to spend any money or time on anything besides necessities. As much as some of us love car audio, it's just not a necessity in this time of economic struggle. Depending on how long this continues, and its no where near over, I wonder what will happen to the car audio industry? Will some of our "underground"/less well known brands hit rock bottom? It's going to be interesting.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 570
"jailbait thread anyone"

^I'm in lmao

either that or another official hot girl thread... Whats it been a year? There has to be some new hot chicks.

But on a serious note. This economic slump were in sucks Azz, and it only seems to be getting worse. What happened? Anyone have any theories as to how to stop it? E has a lot of smart people on it, perhaps we can figure out the problem and a way to reverse it (wishful thinking, I know, but who knows we may just have an economic genius on the forum).

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1288
i heard alan greenspan was a member

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1900
I work at a computer all day and I creep this site all the time, it has slown down a bit.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 571
"i heard alan greenspan was a member"

lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us