New guy looking for recomendation

Username: Ultimatefighter

Post Number: 1
i was searching for some subs on google and came across this site. i read through some of the threads and saw that there are alot of good members on this forum.

i am looking for a sensible system. nothing too loud. i want the best sound possible. i have a few grand to spend so what would some of you recomend?

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1290
so you want pure sound quality? give us a realistic number and what you have already amp, wires, head unit, electrical upgrades, type of car its going in and wed be happy to help you

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2567
What's your budget?

Post Number: 2
right now everything in my navigator is stock. i am looking for a clean bump. nothing over powering.

i want to know what i need to buy.

i hope to get this done asap cause i got a fight coming up soon.

Post Number: 3
"What's your budget?"

budget can be anywhere from $1000 - $5000.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1291
look into Fi qs ficaraudio.com and sound splinter RL-S soundsplinter.com see what you think if you arent wanting to upgrade your electrical you should stick to under 1200 rms

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1292
for mids i would look into CDT audio they have some very clean speakers

Post Number: 4
thanks man. i am looking in to those.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2568
Make sure to save some of the cash for your comp.

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1293
youll have to ask these guys which HU (head unit) has great sq (sound quality) because i dont know

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 457
alpine head units ftw

Gold Member

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1294
alpine are good units but with his budget im sure he could get an even better one

Post Number: 5
for the stereo i want to go with one of those dvd players. not the ones that flip out.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6614
for hu i'd go alpine, eclipse, or clarion.

and personally, i'd go all iamge dynamics for the speakers. chameleon comps. up front, coaxs in the rear ran off the hu, and a pair of idmaxs. you could even run them off id amps if wanting to. or go with sundown amps, a saz1500d would push the subs nicely, and a 100.2 ran at 2ohm would do the comps. just fine.

that is unless your loooking to really spend money, then an all hertz system would be really nice.

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 224
all I can say is HU, I would go Alpine, Eclipse, or Pioneer...personally.

I have a Pioneer Avic-F90Bt and they are pretty nice unit, basically runs off of Windows CE so if you know anything about computers or modding computer functions, there is a lot of customization you can do with the AVIC-F series [700bt, 900bt, or premier 90bt]. Only downside is the start up time on it.

Subs, I like Alpine Type-X and I also like Digital Design 3500's. [ddaudio.com]

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 566
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/ricardo-almeida-11

Is that you^?

If so Ecoustics has another celebrity. Sweet!

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2761
ideally there are alot of companies u can go with .. alot of subs that designed for what ur looking for ..

but research is key my man ... even the caraudio suks for the most part .. there is a lot of useful people on there and information ..

if it was me who was looking for a setup ...

id start with looking for something thats going to supply good voltage and has exceptional build quality of your source unit ...

look for an alpine 9835 ... eclipse cd3000 .. pioneer 860 each of those units have above average sq capabilities and will have plenty of options to eq ur system to ur looking

as far as speakers ... the list can go on for ever

diamond hex's id chameleons as mentioned by mike ... beyma ... morel .. peerless .. rainbow vanduims ... each will have superb mid base and good response to a variety genres of music ..

sub stage ...

rd alpha is a top notch woofer ... solid low end ... spl is top notch for its class and works well in a variety of enclosures..

ss rl-p another lower rms speaker with great output and solid build

SI Mag ... the new ones are out .. they sound great and work well in small enclosure to preserve trunk space ..

3 different woofers .. all with great output .. solid pricing .. and build quality second to none.

amplifiers .. anything zenon built is going to be solid ... IE rd, sundown etc ..

also .. american bass and dls make solid amplifiers that will be a workhorse for you with... take a beating and keep chugging ..

do your research man .. buy once ... nothing worse then buying a system and hating it

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_justin850

Justin smith, crestview, Fl Okalossa

Post Number: 15
are you a ufc fighter

Bronze Member
Username: Lil_justin850

Justin smith, crestview, Fl Okalossa

Post Number: 16
ive seen your fights if so thats crazy

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6615
as for the sub, since you can swing it, i'd highly recommend this. this sub sounds incredible, imo better than any sub mentioned.
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=121&products_ id=81

or a pair of these. one of the best sq subs on the market.
http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=24_93_150&products_id=652
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us