Minimum port diameter for JL?? Box experts please!

Silver Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 151
I'm gona jump out on a limb here... I want to do a ported box, but want it to be more custom to my car... so I'm going to do something with an angled back to get the most out of my trunk. I think I might throw a little fiberglass in there as well. I know its harder to approximate volume when you do that, but I figure if I use part of a rectangle for the base, and a cone shape to mount my sub it shouldnt be too difficult to figure out. I have plenty of mdf and lots of fiberglass just layin around, so I figured I'd try and make something with looks and praticality in mind. If it doesnt work out I can always build a regular box.

Aaaannnywaaays, with that said I want to use a round port. What diameter port would you recomend for a 12" jl w6v2? Also, I know when you are figuring port length and tuning, you need to know final volume (thats enclosure volume minius sub and port displacement). But if you require port displacement for final volume, and final volume to figure out what lenth port you need for your desired tuning, how do you figure it out then??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6832
try 2 cuft net w/ ~25sq inches of port.
tune to around 35hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us