1 mtx 10? or 2 ma 10's + price??

Username: 98ram

Monterey, Ca

Post Number: 1
Most of my music I listen to is death metal and country (I'm weird.... I know). no real rap or R&B. Most of my music is fast double bass.

out on craigslist I'm seeing one 10" mtx w/ a 250W amp for 85 probably get him to go 75-80 its in its own box with amp on the side of the box.. another guy has a stolen 12" + 1500w "in a custom box" + amp for 75 (not joking). then theres a guy with two 10" MA subs with an 800W amp. for 250. thinkin I can get him down to atleast 200?

this will be going into a 98 ram quad cab hooked to an eclipse 3100 HU. right now I have the alpine 5 1/4's and 6x9's (last years models), the do fairly well on the country but they distort terribly bad when I turn it up on the metal side, and the 6x9's arent the best for subwoofers so I need a sub. local store will be installing the sub/amp. I don't want to fokk with it I have a bumper to build and a lift kit to put on.

what do you guys advise I go with? I still want some deep rumble and I don't mind setting off car alarms and such, all the more fun. I do have about a $200 budget for amp,box, and sub. not much to work with I know.

Help?

-Grady
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us