Dr. Crankenstein sub

Username: Coleman

Post Number: 1
Found out that crankenstein was selling woofers again. Paid 279.oo for two 12's at their site, buy one get one free. Hooked them up and am very impressed! They are a heck of a deal and sound awesome. They are heavy and built like a tank. It is nice to find something that is not chinese junk!

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

6 12s SonySony for life

Post Number: 2533
Pix and vid would be nice

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 213
hahaha crankenstein?? anyone heard of em?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2986
they used to be pretty darn good subs back in the day from what i've heard (before my time, but that's not sayin' much)

let us know how they hold up because i've heard mixed reviews about recent models.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1438
old skool! lol

link?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3806
solid company...

tck

Username: Spl_nut

Post Number: 1
they are the best yu can buy.always were winnin spl shows.i just got 2 of there new 12s. CRANKIN subs!

Post Number: 2
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10418
"they are the best yu can buy"

Are they better than the funky pups?!?!

OP, got any numbers or videos for us bud?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8543
What a dumb question, nothins better than funky pups duh :-)

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 531
Whats the website? I googled and didnt find anything except for this thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
Oup never mind, I found it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14200
funny how ppl who just joined here r hyping up this brand which i havent heard of b4 ...

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 798
SPLNUT and Coleman are the same person. They (or he) tried this on a few other sites using multiple user names with the same IP address to push this.

Post Number: 3
Are you so sure Mr. Sound Solutions Audio .com? I am not Coleman and do not know a Coleman. My work I.P. Address is the same that is used by hundreds of people at this office. I bought a good product for a good price. Get your facts straight. And why do you feel it is your responsibility to leave your nest and come to this forum which you have nothing to do with?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1888
It is funny how you both registered the SAME day and both your 1st posts are in the same thread about the same sub.....

Hrmmm indeed.

Wanna buy a bridge from me?}

Silver Member

Post Number: 799
This is kinda funny don't you think? Sucks doesn't it.

Upload

I have my facts straight thank you, not to mention you seem awfully defensive. And since I have been here much longer then you, you might want to retract your statement.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10423
^^LOL....How does it feel to be douched on SPL?

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
hahaha

Post Number: 4
I find it most interesting that you are accusing me of pushing a brand of product that I bought while you are in essence doing the same thing by having a username with your company's brand which in turn promotes your brand every time you post. And who are you and what have you ever done? I've been to your website a few times now and still can't determine decisively what it is that your company is or does. Before being attacked on your forum I had never heard of SSA. Is SSA a brand of woofers from China like almost every other product out there? It seems like to me that if you really are concerned with car audio and car audio enthusiasts that you would be glad that ANYBODY was happy with a recent car audio product purchase these days. And with the economy in the tank like it is now, it seems that anyone so concerned would also be promoting a woofer brand that was made in the U.S. Stop pointing fingers and start buying American while you still can.

Has your brand ever won any SPL contests, ever? Did your brand ever do anything to create this market or are you just a "wanna be" that has come on to the scene and is riding on the coat tails of all of the real company's that paved the way before you that you so proudly claim as your own now?

Do you really want to point fingers? Really?

Post Number: 5
I grew up listening to the real brands like Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Dr. Crankenstein and Orion. Those are the real companies that created the industry that we have all enjoyed for so many years. So am I defensive when you attack one of the brands that pioneered American car audio? Of course I am, especially when only one out of those four brands is still made in the U.S. You guessed it Dr. Crankenstein. I buy American made products while they are still available. When there are no more companies left in the U.S. building products I guess I'll have people like you to thank.

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
sorry, but Im gunna have to side with Denim on this one bud.

Post Number: 6
I did not direct that towards you.

Post Number: 7
Its just that the person from SSA is wrongfully accusing me of doing something that he does every time he posts. I can't believe that no one else realizes that.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6571
the thing is, denim comes here and helps whenever he can. he doesn't just come here and hypes up his products to try to make a sale, which appears what you are doing. he lets his products speak for themselves. if you were to have come here, and other forums it appears, with just one username and advertised your product in a respectful manner, and just let the consumer research them, and you in turn answer questions about them, it would have looked much better for the company. but coming to forums under multiple names just bragging about the product, and lying when called out on your sales tactics, is really low and shows the company might not be one that many would want to do business with.

so to maybe save your name on this forum, and others, why not introduce yourself in a new thread, if you work for the company your hyping so much (appears so), and what the company is about.

and it'll look good also to explain why you lied about having two names on the same ip address.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 780
Look at the name of the first two reviews...Both gave reviews on the same day too...

http://www.carreview.com/cat/car-audio/subwoofers/dr-crankenstein/PRD_3766_1808c rx.aspx

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 781
Here is the website for those of you who are still wondering what it is.

http://www.drcrankenstein.com/index2.htm

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1312
you and your dr. cranksteain subs gtfo.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 782
x2

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6574
honestly, imo, he should be given another chance. no worse then the way rd started.

but only if he answers why he felt he had to lie in the first place.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1314
and SPL Nut, Why does it matter where the sub is made?

Post Number: 8
It matters to me where everything is made. If you buy products that are made offshore our money goes offshore. When our money goes offshore we end up borrowing money from those countries just to exist. The news tells how we have such a dependency on oil and the nations that produce it. Our greatest dependency is to China. We have sent our money to China and now we have to borrow money from them so we can buy oil from the Middle East.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6576
please answer the few questions i had asked.

also, where does all the materials come from that are used to make these subs? i understand their assembled in the u.s., but is 100% of all the materials from the u.s.?

Post Number: 9
The news also tells us that the financial situation we are in is not as bad as the Great Depression. That's true, we are not, yet. But back then the United States had one very different ability than we do now, manufacturing. We had manufacturing to fall back on to pull us out of the financial perils that we were in. Now we have traded in the ability to manufacture products so we can have the opportunity to buy products for a little less money.

Post Number: 10
I doubt it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Plus, it really bothers me that foreign countries use children to assemble their products and they get paid barely enough to eat.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1316
So you think about all this just to buy a sub made in the U.S.?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
No, I've been watching the news today and realize that we have all done this to ourselves. And every chance we get we should buy American products.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6577
again,

1) do you work for/own/etc. the company?
2) is 100% of the materials used in the subwoofer manufactured here in the u.s.?
3) why did you lie about the two names? even if you're not the same person (doubt it though), posts came from the same computer.

could we get some answers yet? no more about the financial situation of the u.s., our dependency on other countries, or whatever. we can all read/watch the news, this is about subwoofers and you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
1) No. But they have an affiliate program that if more people buy them because of me I get free equipment.
2) I doubt it.
3) I did not use 2 names. All of our computers at work are connected and I don't know who Coleman is. After I bought my subs I did a Google and found this forum and thought I would tell everyone what I thought of them and hoped that other people would buy them too.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1317
Dude. you are full of sh*t.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks, enjoy yourselves. I'm done.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6578
so you get free stuff if we buy their products and tell them you referred us? if so, the way you've been posting you wont be getting many free products cause of this forum.

and if thier not 100% u.s. products in the subs, please stop trying to bash a respectable member over their subs are assembled elsewhere. sounds really stupid, especially when you know nothing about the company.

and i really doubt you don't know this other person (if you're not the same which is probably the truth). you said hundreds of people work in your office and they share the same ip address. well, i highly doubt it that some random person that you've never met in your life, that works in your office, bought the same subs, and then went to numerous sites hyping them up, the exact same day as you! are you really that dumb as to think anyone believes that story?

so now that you've had a chance to explain yourself/clear things up, yet still lie about things, please gtfo this forum. you wont be getting any help from us here. and i'm also going to email dr.crankenstien, see how they like this kind of publicity for thier products/company. maybe they'll withdraw your free stuff for going around and giving them a bad name.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2320
CTmike i still think your a feg but gotta give you props lol that was some major PWNAGE

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 448
haha clearly spl nut and colemen are the same person, they type the same and repeditly use the word attack, and hes critizing people and companys he doesnt even know about, seems like a douch to me

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1318
douche X2

Silver Member

Post Number: 800
Where is the Epic Fail pictures when you need them? Anyway, since I am not accusing, just relaying fact, and as being on the staff of a few audio sites, I think it worth giving people on other sites a heads up of obvious site abuse or spam. I guess I will address your different posts.

You say:

I find it most interesting that you are accusing me of pushing a brand of product that I bought while you are in essence doing the same thing by having a username with your company's brand which in turn promotes your brand every time you post. And who are you and what have you ever done? I've been to your website a few times now and still can't determine decisively what it is that your company is or does. Before being attacked on your forum I had never heard of SSA. Is SSA a brand of woofers from China like almost every other product out there? It seems like to me that if you really are concerned with car audio and car audio enthusiasts that you would be glad that ANYBODY was happy with a recent car audio product purchase these days. And with the economy in the tank like it is now, it seems that anyone so concerned would also be promoting a woofer brand that was made in the U.S. Stop pointing fingers and start buying American while you still can.

Has your brand ever won any SPL contests, ever? Did your brand ever do anything to create this market or are you just a "wanna be" that has come on to the scene and is riding on the coat tails of all of the real company's that paved the way before you that you so proudly claim as your own now?
Do you really want to point fingers? Really?

As ctmike said above, I am not coming here to push a product in peoples face like you are doing, nor am I making multiple user names. And the website address in my avatar area, does not go to our speakers directly, nor does it go to our forum directly, nor does it go to our shop directly. On what I have done, I am not going to waste my time defending myself to. Next, you were not attacked on SSA, you were caught breaking TOS, much like many other forums, having multiple user names on the same IP (your's of which were very obvious joining on the same day) is breaking the rules. If you did 10 seconds of research, you would see the SSA speaker line is designed and built here in the USA, yes that is right USA. So again it is you doing the accusing, not me. Yes a few parts such as magnets come from over seas, but that is the same with almost every other American built driver these days due to astronomical material costs here in the USA.

Next, I love reading reviews and feedback, and I am always interested in the positive ones. But bogus lies to push product does not help the car audio enthusiasts at all. Keep in mind, I am not pointing fingers, you brought the attention to yourself.

Next, your weak attempt at insulting my company is funny. Once again, if you did a moments worth of research or reading (you should start with the TOS of the forums you join to push your product), you would see we do not design, market, focus or really care about SPL competitions. We do not claim any of this market as ours, we have a very small brand that really only caters to a tiny group of people. Also, if Dr. Crankinstein is such and industry pioneer and leader, far more people would know and care about it. So do you really want to point fingers? Really?

Next you say:
I grew up listening to the real brands like Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Dr. Crankenstein and Orion. Those are the real companies that created the industry that we have all enjoyed for so many years. So am I defensive when you attack one of the brands that pioneered American car audio? Of course I am, especially when only one out of those four brands is still made in the U.S. You guessed it Dr. Crankenstein. I buy American made products while they are still available. When there are no more companies left in the U.S. building products I guess I'll have people like you to thank.

I grew up listening and owning RF, Orion, PG, Kicker etc. Heck I still have something from each of them. But you are defensive because you got caught and you don't want to own up to it. Oh, and speaking of that research I mentioned before, there are a number of USA built speakers still out there, much more then you apparently care to know about. So you can thank me for keeping some of those products here in the USA, since our site brings awareness to a few of them.

So I hope you learned something from this. Maybe a little civility and forum manners would be a place to start. Ecoustics can be a good forum for audio as it is not all about the same old mainstream brands that are going or have moved off the shores of the USA. So if you want to talk about USA this and USA that, you might want to not use a Jinlida basket.

Silver Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 290
LOL @ all of this. credence speakers..whooooooohooooo.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2322
This thread is full of fail.....I like it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6822
SPL_NUT/Colman,

I would like to congratulate you on your amazing photoshop skilz.
Also, nice use of stolen copyrighted images throughout your site.

But, I'll help you out.
Send me a sub to test and I will write up a full review. I will compare the sub to other subs I have here in the shop and give a no BS right-up.

I'll go through the trouble to build whatever box you recommend and I'll build my style box. When the review is over, I will send the sub back. You just pay the shipping.

email me
Audible.Insanity@gmail.com

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6823
Also, in your review you say you have an audio team.

What #'s have you posted?
What organization do you compete in?
What equipment/classes?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8746
Ugh, although Denim is right...WHO CARES!!! It's not like you can pay for advertising on Ecoustics. Stop hating on people Denim! Do what you have to do and that's it, or do you have that little going on in your life? Seriously man, I think some of you guys need hobbies.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1258
wouldnt there be a network conflict if 2 machines shared an IP?

be it a phone, fax, computer, anything?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8753
Lol @ Daniel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us