1 HDC312 vs. 2 SD2.5 (Audioque)

Username: Benner410

Post Number: 7
Both setups would be powered by 1 AQ1200D amp. Which one would be better and why?

**I know I've made like 3 threads in the pas 24 hours, but this is important lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10600
What year and type of car do you have? I asked you this in the other thread but you didnt answer it.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 851
sdc2.5

a few months ago i was looking at the same thing u were. i was looking at a pair of hdc3 18s or 4 sdc2.5s

i got the sdc2.5s and am glade i did.
the sdc2.5s can run at 1k watts for each of them daily.. the hdc3s can handle lots more.

a pair of subs have more cone area. can still handle more power than 1200. if u have room get a pair of sdc2.5s! hands down

Username: Benner410

Post Number: 8
car is a mazda6 sedan

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1434
either way you wont be dissapointed... I would prefer the 2-12" setup..

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10601
It looks like you have an 80 amp alternator so I wouldnt run more than 500 - 600 watts to any sub in that car since you need some of that for your cars basic electrical needs. And thats if you run a class d mono block since they are the most efficient. I would run a single 12 or 15 sdc 2.5 that will be plenty loud.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 856
go with a pair of sdc2.5s
sean prolly knows more than but i ran a rockford 1000.1D with a 70 amp alt for a while and it did fine

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8548
Good amp choice. Out of those subs the 2 SD2.5 will be louder. But I'd suggest looking into other subs if you want more low end.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us