Wiring question

Username: Tuloud

Post Number: 10
can I wire my dual 2 ohm sub parallel using both pairs of speaker inputs on my jl 500/1 to get a 2 ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 424
no no. you wire a DVC 2ohm sub in parallel and get a 1 ohm load. or in series and get a 4ohm load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Yea I understand that. But could'nt I wire eack of the 2 ohm voice coils to the amp. Meaning, speaker wire from both the positive and negative terminals on the sub to both the positive and negative inputs on the amp. Wouldnt this result in a 2 ohm load since the amp has a pair of speaker input ran in parallel. Or is my only option to wire it in series. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
No sorry I meant in series not parallel

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1239
check out the diagrams

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 425
a dvc 2 ohm sub wired in series will give you 4ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Yes, yes thanks guys I am aware of this. What I'm trying to ask is. Since, the jl 500/1 has two sets of speaker inputs connected in parallel. Could I wire each of the voice coils into the amp separately. Meaning, can I connect one voice coil to one speaker input Then connect the other voice coil in the remaining speaker input on the amp. In series. + & - from one voice coil to + & - on the amp. Then the same with the other voice coil. Can this be done to create a 2 ohm load
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us