Help w/ amp pairing

Username: Sk82elimin8

Post Number: 2
I need a good amp pairing with 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3SD412 4 ohms that have an rms power of 400 watts and a peak at 800 watts and i want to be able 2 get the most out of my subs so send me an email at travis_starnes2001@yahoo.com so and help me out

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 420
BUDGET?

Post Number: 3
well i wuz considering an amp i have seen Rockford Fosgate T3002 Power Series 2 CH Amp 828 Watts for 120 dollarz but i didnt know weather its a good buy or not but at max eh... about 300 dollars

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 421
are the subs dual 4 ohms or single 4 ohms.

here are the specs i found for that amp
Specs:
RATED POWER OUTPUTS:
50 Watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohm 100 Watts x 2 RMS @ 2 ohms
150 Watts x 2 RMS @ 1 ohm 300 Watts x 1 RMS @ 2 ohms
ACTUAL POWER OUTPUTS AS MEASURED BY ROCKFORD
223 Watts x 2 RMS @ 4 ohms
315 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms
346 Watts RMS x 2 @ 1 ohms
838 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms THD <.08> 80 DBA @ 2 vrms 12 Db per octave x crossover 40 Hz - 400 Hz adjustable Dimensions 2.3" H x 12.8" W x 13.6" L

so if those are DVC 4 ohm subs.
take one sub per channel. wire the coils on that sub in parallel. + to + to + on anp and then - to - to - on amp. do this to both subs. this is what this would giv you 315 RMS watts to each sub. Lame in my opinion.

for SVC wire both subs in parallel to get your 838 watts RMS z1 @ 2 ohms

Fosgate is good but i'd get a bigger amp to have a little headroom, headroom is a little more WRMS than is needed.

for a budget or no more than 300 dollars. mayi recomend this:

Hifonics Brutus
http://www.handkaudio.com/product.aspx?ID=76

This is what i'd get. Its made by Maxxsonics. this is a Mono amp so i hope those subs are SVC4 ohms but if they're DVC 4's i guess you could rum em wired to 1 ohm. please get back to me with the specs of the subs and please dont get that rockford amop b/c you wont get the most out of ur subs.

here are the specs for this amp:
1 x 450 W @ 4 ohm
1 x 900 W @ 2 ohm
1 x 1200 W @ 1 ohm

this H&K Audio, Kent is a great seller with prompt shipping. ive bought from him on other forums and am satisfied with his service. he has all posative feedback on Caraudioclassifieds.ord iTrader.

Post Number: 7
Its almost as if u spoke chinese 2 me....im sound system dumb i have 2 get shallow mounts and my friend turned me onto the rockfords b/c of how great they sound for a good price hes got em in his car but also has a high powered rockford amp he paid 800 for so i cant afford that i need sumn of the equivilent...
specs on the woofers
12" Dual 4 ohms Punch Stage 3 Shallow Subwoofer
Power Handling:
400 watts RMS
800 watts Peak
Impedance: Dual 4 ohms
Kevlar Fiber Semi-Pressed Paper Cone
Compressed Sealed Poly-foam Surround
ABS/Acrylic Dustcap Assembly
Tear and fatigue resistant poly-cotton spider
2.5" Dual 4 ohm Voice Coil with spun-laced Nomex insulating collar
Frequency response: 43-250 Hz
Sensitivity: 86 dB
another thing i run into is im running it all off of a stock head unit in a gmc sierra truck which is quoted at 4 ohms so idk if it all has to match up or what

Post Number: 9
another thing i run into is im running it all off of a stock head unit in a gmc sierra truck which is quoted at 4 ohms so idk if it all has to match up or what

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 422
oh dear god. then tou'll need a converter. to convert RCA's to speaker level inputs. i dont remember the proper name for it but i know if that amp doesnt hav speaker level inputs you need this. what a speaker level input does is it allows you to tap into one of the speaker wires that runs to ur factory speakers and get signals to the amp. if the amp only has a connection for a RCA then you'll need this converter. every factory HU i've ever seen doesnt hav RCA pre-outs. u need a HU b4 you worry about amps. a JVC KD-G340 is a good place to start. 97.99 at BestBuy

Silver Member

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 423
the impedence of the HU doesnt matter for this what ur trying to do. when u get your component speakers ( coaxles) they go in the doors. then we'll worry about that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
been 2 bestbuy already got that lol i talked 2 em about it they gave me sum sortta converter and said for that sierra that it wuz the only thing i needed to hook my amp up to my particular head unit... they said that it converts the rca cables over to the radios format... i was wondering this doesnt require me to actually cut into my wires in the back therefore burning up a wire does it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
got that settled tho w/ using the stock head unit tho i found out i can with my lil adapter b/c im not exactly allowed to change out the head unit due 2 my dad paying the bill on my truck lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
so ne more people w/ a recommendation on an amp to pair with the 2 subs? i heard i can hook up a mono amp 2 the 2 subs and run off one channel but idk how that works

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
how about this amp would it match w/ the rockford fosgate subs properly...from what i can see it does but i want an experienced opinion
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10230_Lanzar+MXA242.html#
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us