Best amp for 2/12 Audiobahn Flame Q 1206T subs.

Username: Aoliver

Michigan USA

Post Number: 2
I know the subs are not great, especially in todays standards. Please don't tell me how bad they are. I don't care. I'm looking for a good amp to push 2 of them for about $200, nothing more really. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6560
are these the subs?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_133_Audiobahn+AW1206T.html

if so, the rms is what, 1000w on each? you wont get any amp that'll do 2000wrms for $200. not a quality amp anyways (at least none that i can think of). up your budget.

also, do you have the charging system to support 2000w+? oh, and yeah the subs suck bad. just had to throw that out there.

Username: Aoliver

Michigan USA

Post Number: 3
Those are them..

So cheapest mediocre amp then. I don't need top notch. I don't have to push them at full power..

And lets say I sold those, Decent sub/amp set-up <$400?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6561
first, i would recomend selling them. they sound horrible and have a pretty high failure rate. so going off that, what kind of setup you looking for (sq, spl, sq)? how many subs, what size, type of vehicle? and are you wanting to upgrade your charging system? i.e. alternator, battery? if not, the basic rule would be 1000-1200w at most.

if sticking with those, i still really can't think of much you can buy with your budget. even a hifonics amp (budget amp) that'll do the power you would need would be over your budget, by about double. others may be able to find something else for cheaper, but seriously doubt much within your budget. plus you'd still need to do a charging system upgrade (unless that's already done).

Username: Deanis411

Post Number: 2
i kno this aint the best amp in the world but it will fit your budget..

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12136_Boss+SE2000M.html#

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6563
DO NOT BUY THAT AMP^^^.

not only does boss, with the exception of their old zed made amps, make garbage, but that amp does not do the power you need, nor is it 1ohm stable.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5513
hifonics is your choice my friend.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us