Please help me with this Sony Xplod System

Username: Adam91

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Post Number: 1
Okay,I have a JVC radio,and I have 2 12" Sony Xplod Subwoofers,powered by a sony Xplod 800 watt amp. The subs sound EXCELLENT in the car. But outside I hear a LITTLE trunk rattling,depending on what song is playing. The subs dont make my songs have deep bass you just hear the trunk rattle,until you get about 25-30 ft. away,you cant hear a thing. Can somebody tell me,if my amp isnt strong enought? Or if the subs are just a piece of you know what.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18411
The subs are what you think they are. Why would you say they sound EXCELLENT yet don't hear any bass? Why? Because that amp doesn't do 800w and if it did the subs would still sound like.....you know what.

Chances are you haven't experienced true deep bass felt not 25' away but blocks. A true 1000w on a decent 15" would give you a good start.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Post Number: 2
Okay,so what about if I get like 2 Terminators? They said that the amp shouldnt be over like 400-800 watts? Is it the company Sony that doesnt deliver well? Is that why my subs dont sound right? I have heard AWESOME things about MTX. And If I get new speakers,will I have to get another wiring kit.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1237
sony isnt very good and i wouldnt call mtx AWESOME but descent

what kind of budget are you working with?

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Post Number: 3
Well,I have heard they are one of the best. But,I have a pretty good budget. But,Im not trying to pay over 400.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2364
Hey Adam, I am in Phenix City myself, not too far away from ya. I can get up wth you if you want and help you out. I may can try to help make what you have work, but can't promise. Sony isn't known to well for getting loud or sounding good. I can let you hear some better quality subs if you want as well.

Kevin

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Post Number: 4
Yea,maybe we can meet up. What kind of subs you got?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18431
Kevin can hook ya up.

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 419
adam i started out liking sony. hint, i started out likeing sony. now i dislike them. period. take that stuff back to WAL MART and get some stuff thats good. no offense. that amp and subs are all underrated.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1241
"adam i started out liking sony. hint, i started out likeing sony. now i dislike them. period. take that stuff back to WAL MART and get some stuff thats good. no offense. that amp and subs are all underrated."

he means over-rated - they do not do any where near their power

Silver Member
Username: Waresgaragestereo

Fort Valley, GA

Post Number: 426
i was tired when i wrote. they are not underrated but very much overrated.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5511
SONY Blows man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us