New unit =NO SOUND!!!!!!!!!

Username: Jandbrust

Post Number: 1
I just installed a brand new cd deck into my car. This is my 4th install Ive done and I got all big a bad and descided NOT to get a wiring harness. 1 Blown fuse later I got power to the unit but now I cant get ANY sound from the unit. It's pretty bootleg but all the wires are correctly matched, connected, and wrapped in duct tape(all I had). WHY OH WHY cant I get sound from my sexy new unit?

Username: Blackelite88

Clayton, North carolina Usa

Post Number: 4
wow. so u just snipped the factory harness and taped the corresponding wires together. u could've blown something inside ur receiver. or maybe u should spend 2.50 and get some electrical tape and re-tape it all. if that doesnt work u got sum problems dude.

Username: Jandbrust

Post Number: 2
Could it be the reciever even though it comes on and seems to work fine only NO sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 40
I had this happen once. The built in amp in the head unit is probably fried so your probably not getting any power or sound to the speakers.

Username: Pistol_pete

Cavalier, Nd United states

Post Number: 3
i had the same problem when i hooked up a new alpine cd player to my 2002 monte carlo ss. my car had built in amps from factory so i had to bypass the amp to get the sound to work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us