Ok everyone,

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 180
so last week i was worried about some kid's hatchback hitting harder than my trunk, as well as the money i put on the bet.

he HAD (that' right, HAD. i'll get into more detail in a minute.) 2 12" kicker comps, that he always bragged about and i have my 4 12" JL W0s.

well he constantly claimed that his 2 12s beat harder than anyone in the area, and that was obviously an ignorant newbie statement. me being more experienced in it put a 100$ bet that i would hit harder than him the day he got his license.

well that was yesterday, annnnnddd...

he came up to the school, i was already prepared with a meter. i had everything tuned right,and he told me to wait, he had to adjust his amp.

well for 2 12 kicker comps you shouldn't probably max out at more than 650-700.

he borowed his older brother's JL 1000/1.

turned it up all the way, and then turned the car on.
=]

i told him to put my CD in so we would play the same song, and told him to put on blueberry yum yum.

naturally, he blew his subs.i turned it to about 40 out of 62 and topped out at 146.4 or something.

i tried telling him it might've been the amp, and to keep the 100$ and give me the amp because you could get a new one with 100$(he already has proven he's an idiot), but he wouldn't do it because it wasn't his.

i personnally blame his brother for letting him put that amp on his speakers.

im $100 richer, and he's a complete system out of the game.

=D

hurray for people who run their mouth and not know anything!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2721
u were ready with a meter?

so u had a laptop with a tl

where was the meter placed ... 146 on a song with a tl ... is facking loud ... and i highly doubt ur ne where near there ... cuz those dub 0's arent ne where near an spl sub.

good for u that u beat him but when u double surface area if u dont beat him then u have an issue ...

depending on comparable equipment and power which u had

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10394
The 146 certainly was not on a TL. Congrats on the win I guess.

Gold Member

M.S.

Post Number: 8522
" i tried telling him it might've been the amp, and to keep the 100$ and give me the amp because you could get a new one with 100$ "

Silver Member

Kevin Duckwitz, MI United States

Post Number: 513
Wow... I bet him losing the money was not nearly as bad as the embarrassment of blowing his subs while trying to act cool in front of a group of people.

Congrats on the kind of victory.

Did you end up changing your box?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3908
eh

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4546
It's a bit like a kid with Autism beating a kid with Muscular Dystrophy in a drooling contest.

Platinum Member

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18399
Ummm, congrats?

I guess?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6538
i think it's funny how you call him an idiot, a newb, and how he knows nothing at all, when you yourself were here just a few weeks ago asking alot of questions on if you could beat him, etc. and seeming worried about it to.

and i'm curious to as to what meter you just happened to have with you? a walmart pos i take it?

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 181
well I didn't feel like searching online for a meter and having to try and overnight one to me for oodles of cash.

so i used the physics(?) teacher. idk i've never had him.

but i used his dB meter. it was just one of those little handheld meters thingys you could probably buy at wal-mart, yes.

and yes i know i was worried, but just primarily because a hatchback v. a trunk.

you should say congrats, since i don't think about competing with W0s, and dont plan on it til i upgrade, get a new car, and have never won anything with my system. its a first.

yes i changed my box, i ordered one off ebayyyyyy.

fits great, sounds SOOOO much better..

oh, and the image dynamic...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1281
so you bought a prefab box?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6540
"so i used the physics(?) teacher. idk i've never had him."

so you used your teacher? how'd you like him?

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 182
i meant to ssay the teacher's little dB meter from like 1697.

and yes, i bought a prefab box.

i didnt think it would work that well, but i knew it couldnt be any worse than the box i already had.

but it actually turned out really well.

and i also highly doubt that i hit in the 140's, but hey, it won me gas money for the week and a little tiny boost for a new system i'm saving up forrrr.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6541
well i guess congrats on the win. and just wondering but what did the other guys system hit on your 'meter'?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3352
"It's a bit like a kid with Autism beating a kid with Muscular Dystrophy in a drooling contest."

HAHA! Classic Brad.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 184
well i wouldn't technically say he "hit".i didnt even think i would hit notes that loud...but anyways dunno what he would've been doing, we were both beating at the same time, but i had the meter in my car and then his blew before we got a chance to take it over to him.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6542
so you're basing your win on your subs beating a pair of blown subs?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1410
lol.... give the kid a break... 4-12" W0's in a prefab.... How can he go wrong? The Keekers never stood a chance!

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1453
that kid sounds like every single person in my town. im the only one who knows anything worth knowing about car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3910
this thread makes me a little sad inside. :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1411

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 185
if i was reading this thread in one of your points of view, i would cut myself a little. nonetheless.

MY FIRST SYSTEM ON MY OWN WIRING IN MY FIRST CAR,

im a little happy that i beat someone, and yeah.. i never thought of it that way ctmike....

oh well.

anyways, anyone know of any box builders on here that can make me a box? HOOK IT UP!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6546
they don't come here much anymore, but go to caraudio.com and pm either bjfish (fishercustoms) or mrcabinetry (woodlawn). have bought from both and would highly recommend. would post links to their sites/their email addresses, but don't have them at work.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 518
build your own... Much cheaper and if you do it even just a little bit right it will sound much better than a prefab.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2725
kevin that is dumb man ..

just alittle bit right?

so if u tune it to 50hz and u want it to be tuned to 32hz ... itll be better then a prefab? its done alittle bit like the right box but its not ...

now if ur running a sealed prefab .. if the box is made out of 3/4 mdf ... then whats the difference ... besides maybe a double baffle and some bracing ..

ported enclosures unless under extreme circumstances shouldnt be prefab ... unless they are made very well and u know for a fact that they are ...

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 187
they're pre fab sealed.

i would NEVER buy a ported prefab.

and i know a lot more about building boxes now than i did when i first started, so i feel confident that i could do it.

now, what exactly do i need (tools wise) besides a jigsaw, a drill, and my table saw? i dont have anything that i can measure with when i need to tune the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
I was trying to make a point... Meh

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4343
"now, what exactly do i need (tools wise) besides a jigsaw, a drill, and my table saw? i dont have anything that i can measure with when i need to tune the box."

No problem, just add the cross section of all your woofers, then square root that number and times it by 2. Thats how long the port should be... in inches.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2984
all the kids in high school did that, it was so annoying. i never turned mine up leaving the parking lot...

i didn't want to make kids cry :-)

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 188
lol @ cal, good call.

well what do you mean add the cross section of all 4 speakers and add them together

(p.s. my aunt made the paper for domestic violence, w00t!!!)

whats the cross section?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4345
well, the cross section is the witdh of your sub. so 4 x 12 = 48 ^ = 6.928.
Now 2 x 6.928 = 13.85. So your port should be 13.85 long and 4" wide.
(4 from the number of subs you have)

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 190
ok that would be great for my 4 12s, but im talking about the 2 15" CVRs.

and wouldn't that method vary from 12 to 12?

say i took a sony explode 12 and did that, would it be ok to do that with an alpine type R?

so that means that the 15s, two of them, would be 30, so thats 5.477, then x2 is 10.95 long? and 2 inches wide because there's two of them?

and what would that be tuned to?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4348
"and what would that be tuned to?"

It would vary depending on what shoes your wearing.

btw, that is not how to figure out boxes. Just a exercise in time management. (I was bored)

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
^lmfao

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 192
wow if that wasn't the sh1tt1est thing anyone's done in awhile.

marc, i hope your windows get broken out and your entire system down to the wiring gets stolen.

as a matter of fact if i knew you i would probably do it myself. then make sure to drive by you everyday.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1415
simply brilliant,Marc!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10403
"It's a bit like a kid with Autism beating a kid with Muscular Dystrophy in a drooling contest."

ROFL at this comment and at Marc.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2289
PWNED

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2308
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »