Thieves disgust me.........god help them if i find them

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 230
So after 2 years of thoroughly loving my ascendant audio avalanche 15" , i got up to go to work yesterday (tuesday) and saw that my driver window in my yukon was broken out. I lost my sub and a phoenix gold xenon 200.2 amp.They couldnt get my directed 1100D sub amp which was bolted under the front seat. My insurance company says they will cover it so hopefully i will get reimbursed but i am still out a beautiful sub that i cant replace. I actually cried a little. Does anyone know where i can buy another one? If not, what compares nowadays to it? The FI Q? Or BL? Or maybe the AA havoc? Suggestions please....

Silver Member

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 164
i'm sorry to hear
RD
DD
FI
RE
T3
AQ

Gold Member

Post Number: 1555
Sorry to hear that bro, theives are worthless imo.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6537
check caraudio.com for sale section, every once in awhile they pop up. as far as compares to it, from the list posted earlier you can scratch off rd, dd, and aq for sure.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4811
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342551&highlight=ascendant+audio+ avalanche+15%22

Gold Member

Post Number: 2720
Polo I own that sub LOL

Mike my alpha smashes the lows close to the ava

Gold Member

6 12s SonySony for life

Post Number: 2520
Good eye safe cracker. Sorry to hear about that.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4342
that suxs. hope you find out who it was.

Gold Member

You guys suck C0ck, IL US

Post Number: 4814
I buy and resell a lot of sh!t and noticed it lOl. You got lucky I wasn't in the market for it. Polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2723
i already own it homie .. u aint got $h1t on me polo lol

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5604
interested in an RE SE 15? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 231
thanks for the sympathy guys, i appreciate it. I checked out that link safe cracker,but it was sold 3 weeks ago blah! Its probably going to be a couple weeks until the insurance company gets everything straight so in the meantime i will research comparable subs. I really want to find something that plays about as clean and loud as a avalanche and is a bottom end monster. My ava was in a 1.2 cu ft. sealed box before and i am going ported this time so i should see an increase in loudness hopefully regardless of what driver i get.
Here is what i am looking at so far what do you guys think?
audiopulse revo
soundsplinter rl-p15
tc-3000 (found a used 1 for sale)
AA havoc
AA avalanche if i can find a used 1.
Fi BL or Q

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3909
the tc 3000 wouldnt be too bad of qa choice. maybe try and find a 05 xxx, but i believe it may need a bigger enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1404
I've never had the chance to hear an ascendant audio avalanche 15"? What catogory or class does that sub fit in? Why RD, DD, and AQ not comparable?

I'm assuming that is a SQL sub, right?

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 232
Mark B.
yeah its a SQL sub, pretty clean with a monsterous bottom end.

Hunter:
my sub box was also stolen so i will definately be getting a diff box size this time and i'd like to go ported maybe for more output.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3911
well rd,dd, and aq are more on your spl side. the avalanche was a pure low end note monster, as are the tc 3000, the 05 xxx and quite a few others. as this is mainly what they were built for. dont get me wrong alphas sound good but mine couldnt compare with my xxx on the low end notes. man if you could get your hands on a adire tamult id be jealous.
has anylne heard anything about the ia flatlyne series? supposed to be all out sq.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6544
you could try this sub out.

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=SDX15

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3914
ah good call mike. i was looking for that sub to suggest

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 233
hunterw: should i look into a tumult? there is a company on ebay that has the remaining motors and cones left for those, i think its robot underground or something. Also, if i can get a tc3000 under $200 is that a good deal for a used one? would that compare to a avalanche? Also how does the soundsplinter rl-p15 and the AA havoc compare?

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 438
my rd audio sonance v2 got low and i mean low. it was in a 4 cub box sealed and it was a 18" sub

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6553
i wouldn't go with robot underground. i've read alot of bad things about the subs they sell. and if that tc3000 is in good shape, i say grab it.

Silver Member
Username: Mesodumm

Tri-City, Az Usa

Post Number: 542
http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/191/new-in-box-ascedant-audio-15-avalanche-on-e bay

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6556
posted in april '07^. how's that going to help?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1471
this was posted a few months ago, sounds like tinsel slap but there were no posters good luck.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18576

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1472
another hopeful one at the very bottom he talks about a never used one. might get lucky.

http://72.9.159.100/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14348188

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 234
thanks for all your help guys. I found a tc3000, i can get it for about $175 used, only problem with it is that is has a small tear/imperfection on the top of the rubber gasket. Not on the surround that binds the cone to the basket but the ring on the outside of that. Doesnt affect performance at all. Will that sub compare to the ava in low note output? i will be feeding it 1000 rms from a directed 1100D amp. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 212
get a viper alarm hooked up to a train horn. just make sure the shock sensors aren't on super sensitive haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us