A Job?

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 136
Heyyy. Long time no see people. Like some people put it, the past couple months i fell off the face of the earth or somethin. Dealin with work, school, and my girl.

Well thats outta the way, Im gettin ready to take the MECP Basic exam. Ordered the study guide a couple days ago. I just wanted to know, since im only 17, Im only able to work part-time due to my college and AP high school courses im taking.

You think there would be anybody willing to hire a certified student part time? O.o Considering ill need a year of actual experience to even qualify for the Advanced exam. Thanks in advance. Later

-Steven

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2719
who are you?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4337
lmfao Upload

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2499
never heard of him either...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Lol. I was always in and around here and there. Usually questions about upgrading my system. Last time i remember even being here i was asking about whether or not to have my four 12" Kicker CVR's ported/sealed, or facing up or down. Didnt say i was known mike, just said i hadnt been here in a while bro. lol.

PS. even before that i dont think i was even on since the Texas Heat Wave when it was in Austin xD

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
My bad about the double post. But thanks guys, Y'all really have done an awesome a*s job of answering my question. Just wondering why its about how not many people even remember me, compared to actually answering a legit question.. =]]

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22460
wassup steven. long time man.

anyways whether someone would hire you or not depends on how bad you want it. if you want it bad enough, anything is possible.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If it werent for box r...

Post Number: 1316
lol

steven as to the MECP tests. The basic exam doesn't mean much. The owner of our local shop(rated top 100 installers in the country) put it this way. He would rather hire someone with alot of exerience who has never heard of MECP over someone who has passed the basic installer test and has worked on very few cars. You will need to start doing some installs if you have not already. His best advice was to start logging your installs: taking pictures, writing notes about various parts of the install, type of car, listening impressions, etc. Most of all be professional, you are fighting an uphill battle. Think of it this way. A 30 yr old man comes in with his BMW looking for great SQ. Do you really think he wants some "stupid teen" working on his beemer? nope.
Even if you do get a job at that age you would most likely be doing the "b!tch" work simply because it wouldn't be good PR to have a 17 year old doing installs.
Just start making some documents that prove you knowlegde in audio installation.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
True, kinda how i got the 4pm to 1am schedule at the job i just quit. Was just kinda curious if anyone might actually hire part-time, and with just basic certification. :p :]] Thanks chad :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Ah, Sh*t phil. Thanks, lol. Awesome answer. Ill take your advice as well as chads. I do have experience, i just never documented it, I do local stuff like around school, etc... :P

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2023
install... alot

experience on different rides is what will hire you

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Any advice on how to get some install experience outside of just other people around my age from high school. Ive only done a few things here and there as of right now. So where you think i might get the opportunity?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2738
Knowing someone, that knows someone, that knows another someone... social networking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
lol staven, i figure ill spread the word about cheap installs..haha. But yeah, everyone at my school knows they can call me, I live a little outside of Houston, Texas. Theres plenty of schools around my area, i know enough people at each one, Guess ill just have them tell their friends, etc.. :D

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1246
:D :P

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 154
:-O:P:D

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18378
Good luck with your venture bro. You're young so that plays heavily but as long as you possess the skills and some install refs like suggested you can get in. To me the best resume is your failures and how you learned from them. Yup, I said it, failure.

You see, ppl pay others to show them what NOT to do. As with just about anything in life. Those who have failed and learned are the best teachers. A book only goes so far.

Remember your driver's license test? What taught you more, reading that damn book or humping a few curbs here and there?

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
x2^^

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18382
x3^^^^

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22463
paul you can't x3 to a x2 about your post. that is just conceited. lol

steven, best of luck to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
lol Chad

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22466
lol quentin. go check the for sale thread.

\thread jack

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 958
Steve i would just say this working for people arround school can get anyoning because they will always come complain to you when something gose wrong an first bad install youll never hear the end of

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Chad ok i'll put them up

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
lol ben, im good. Im one of the people most of this kids dont screw with, Ill be straight. So i think i can deal with it ;D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us