Help with aeros and box

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 290
Buying a box from someone over at CA for my Alpha v.2 dual spider. It's gonna be a 2.6 cuft box and I want it tuned to 34hz. Could somebody help me with what size aeros i would need and what not.

(...Paging Sean)

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10572
one sec ill check

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10573
With a box at 2.60 cubic feet net youll be at 37 hz with two four inch aeros 17 inches long which is how long they make them. To get the tuning to 34 hz with two four inch aeros at the same 17 inch length you will need 3.10 cubic feet net which might be too much airspace for your sub. Also how much power are you going to be running?

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
Going to be running off a Saz-1500d so hopefully around 1500watts depending on voltage. So, anyway to get to 34hz without increasing box size?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10574
If you go with 2.71 cubic feet net using 3 three inch aero ports 17 inches long youll be at a 34 hz port tune and you should be ok with 1500 watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
Well, the box is already made except for the cutouts.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10576
You would be at 34.64 hz then using 3 three inch aero ports 17 inches long then.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10577
Wait thats without factoring in the port displacement. And I hope you factored in the subs displacement in that 2.60 number.

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
Sounds like a plan. Thanks Sean.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10578
If you factor in the port displacement your at 36.4 hz port tune with 3 three inch aero ports 17 inches long if the box is 2.60 cubic feet after the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us