6.5" speaker help!!!

Doug
Unregistered guest
Can I get a pair of 6.5" component speakers for around $200-$300 that would be better than a pair of MB Quart RCE 268 6x8's? If so, can anyone tell me a really good pair of 6.5" speakers for around $200-$300

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 404
Kappa Perfects are in that range online, and sound fantastic. Also, CDT classics are another great component set to look at, look at www.thezeb.com for those. Both are within your price range.

Doug
Unregistered guest
so those speakers would be better than the MB Quarts? Also what are some of the best 6.5" component speaker out there? Price doesn't matter.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 410
Nearly any great set of 6.5" components are better than a 6x8 set, yes, I think both will be better than the Quarts. Focal Utopias, Dynaudio System 360 or their 6.5" sets are all very good, JL XR series, the ZR series (soon to come out, not out yet), Rainbow components, MB Quart Q series, Diamond Audio HEX series, and Adire Audio Kodas are all great sets along with the two I mentioned above. Kappa Perfects and CDT classics are definately some of the best bang for the buck components out there.

Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 9
Perfects have an amazing sound, particularly when matched all around.

Jonathan's recommendations are all dead on. Focal has some really-high-end polyfibers that would blow your mind, but then you're talking $800 or so a pair.

Last but not least: GET AN AMP THAT WILL POWER THEM PROPERLY. Too many people underpower drivers and get wicked distortion or (worse yet) blow them and don't understand why.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us