Feedback Type noise

Bronze Member
Username: Elandman

Post Number: 20
Hi there guys,

Wonder if some of you fundies can help out. Got a weird one here and I've tried pretty much everything to eliminate it.
Right, now to explain setup....

I've got an aftermarket HU in a polo, connected to a crossover.
From the crossover I've got 2 amps, one 4 channel and the other is a large monoblock. The 4ch is on highpass and monob on lowpass.
I'm running RF twisted pair signal cables throughout.
All power cables from all units are high quality and got hefty good connections, both the + on battery, and the - to body.

Now heres the funny, when everything is connected, i get a f@#$ked up whine/feedback noise through the highpass speakers. When i disconnect the RCA cables from the monoblock, either on the crossover side or amp side, the noise dissapears. It gets louder as i turn the volume up either on the HU or the crossover.
Only when i have the signal cables connected to monoblock do i get this high pitched whine, even when engine is off.
I do not get this with 2 other monoblocks I've connected there.

Now could the amp be faulty, or be developing some freaky noise back through the RCA cables? Cause logic tells me that it might be.....

Thanks guys!! Need all the help i can get before i drop kick this 10 grand amp out the door, which i dont want to do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us