Ghetto Rig

Username: Tuloud

Post Number: 1
Hey
This new guy just started working at my job today cool guy and everything.As were getting to leave I hear hes got some sounds. I go over to see what hes pushin cause It was pretty loud from a distance away.
Dudes got 3 cvrs in a kicker box with a old school autotek amp that i've never seen. Anyway, I could here a noise that wasn't part of the music. Well the guy had his ground wire bare(without ring terminal) hooked to the fram. In addition, his positive battery wire was at least two n ahalf feet from the fuse holder. Then I came on something that completely blew my mind. He had aluminum foil in his holder instead of a fuse. He said the fuse blew(about 2 weeks ago) he brought it back to his installer and he did this. Surprisingly the equipment is still working. Has anyone seen a ghetto rig like this before
cause I havent

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4378
yes. Ive use the foil from cig packs to replace fuses in my car before in a pinch. Also i use that same cig pack tin foil for my Xmas lights outside.
Its rated for 5 amps per layer, so a 3 fold is a 15 amp fuse.

Again, this can be used in an emergancy situation on stuff that has no value. Would I try that with car audio? deffinatly no.

I soppose its better then running live. The tinfoil will go before the wire.

Bronze Member
Username: Faroutdesign

St.ptersburg, Florida Usa

Post Number: 31
be aware foriegn garbage fuses can explode and or work improperly they did a recall on a bunch of american vehicles due to burnt fuse boxes only use american fuses they tend to have white lettering. little fuse is the best or a true anl

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4416
I only use Rynolds..

Username: Blkbville04

Monclova, Ohio US

Post Number: 10
my friend used tin foil in his alero with 4 10's, i didnt know it worked and i laughed extremely hard after he told me this, but its the most ghetto way to go

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9044
The stupidness of some people continues to amaze me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us