6.5 Component in front, what in rear?

Username: Goodstang

Long island, ny

Post Number: 10
Ok, So I went with the Infinity Reference 6.5 Components in the front (6500CS model). What then should i put in the back? I dont blast my music, i just want it to sound real at average listening volume.

Should I:

1) Another pair of the 6.5 components in the rear.

2) 6.5 two-way speakers in the rear.

3) 6x9 two-ways in the rear.

*people have said on here that the 6.5's are better than the 6x8's -- does this mean for the rear i should go 6.5 rather than 6x9 too?

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 88
You want really need a component set for the rear unless thats where you ride. Just go with 6 1/2 2 ways. That should be all you'll need for the back. And yes 6 1/2s are better then oval speakers cause the oval speakers tend to distort easier. If you have holes in your car for 6x9s just make you an adaptor or buy one. You will be much happier with the 6 1/2s.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 397
Midbass speakers in the rear are optimum for imaging as they don't drown out the front components. Put 6.5" midbasses in the rear. Don't do 6x9's as they distort quickly and don't have the sound quality of a round speaker. Cross them at 3.5khz low pass. Look at Image Dynamics and Adire Audio Kodas for good midbasses.

Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 10
Again, Jonathan's dead on. ALthough, personally, because you've got the Infinity Refs up front, I'd use another set in the rear because the sound reproduction will be the same. But that may just be me being picky.

-Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Goodstang

Long Island, NY USA

Post Number: 12
ok, thanks everybody - 6.5's it is!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us