Decision on AQ or Sundown

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 975
I have a AQ2200D amp and this guy wants to trade me his SAZ1500 for it and not sure if thats a good deal or not. Im prety sure the AQ puts out more power i think but also heard lots of good things about sundown amps he also said he would throw in a kinectick 2400 battery with the amp for my AQ2200D. Is this a good trade or will the AQ2200D overpower the sundown

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1230
2200 for a sundown and kinetic. hell yeah do the trade.

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 976
do u think i would notice a big loss of sound if i trade for a lower rms amp tho. i heard from a lot of ppl AQ doesnt do rated power anyways tho but it sounds good to me just wish there was somebody that heard both amps hooked up and could hear any difference

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 SI Mag9.1=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 624
According to Kevin Holden the AQ 2200 is a bit overrated, He said the sundown was louder to the ear

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5588
either way go with the sundown

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 977
So im assuming i probably won't hear much of a difference between the amps and plus be getting a kinetick 2400 on top of that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1232
yeah. you are definitely getting the better deal on that trade.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1201
no question - i would take that trade all day long

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1394
do it or BAN! lol

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 978
lol alright would i hear any difference between the 2 amps? or sound basically the same thats my main concern

Gold Member

Post Number: 1397
that question has already been answered!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14180
but what sub\s will either amp be powering ? .....

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1656
15" audiopulse revo.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14182
havent been around AQ but i have seen a few sundown 1500 in action even up to yesterday & they def deliver the goods

well that sub is 1500wrms so u would be giving rec power

MHO ; ask the guy to let u try his amp on ur sub in ur car ,only then will u know for sure ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14183
id say keep ur AQ since u would have the headroom on ur amp - i rather have extra head room power than giving rated & yes i know the SD is underrated ...

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 980
i been running the aq2200d on the sub wit no problems and sounds great but the thing is wit the guy that wants to trade is from caraudio.com and its hard to trust people on trades online i wish i could just ask him to let me try the amp but that won't work. Just pretty much wanna know if im wasting my time tryin to do this trade since the amps are pretty close in rated power but the good thing is he said he including the battery

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14184
well let some more ppl give more opinions b4 u decide ...but if u dont need that batt then keep what u got ...

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If it werent for box r...

Post Number: 1313
I was going to say yes take the trade(thinking it was local) until i read it was with a ca.com member. To me it's not worth it if you are happy with what you have. There has been too many trade scams on ca lately to take that chance when it won't change much.
My advice: Stay with what you have. CA.com is just to risky.

One question did the ca.com member contact you about the trade or did you contact him?

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 981
the battery would be nice tho since im usin everything stock sumthin just seems suspicious about this guy cuz idk why he wanna give me a saz1500 and a battery which right there cost like 700 bucks and my amp only cost 389 unless he dont kno the price of the AQ its basically if i can trust this guy or not

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 982
the guy contacted me he found my sn on CA and messaged me today about if i would be interested in a trade

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4328
profile of the guy on ca.com?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10379
^Word, who is it?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4334
I have an aq2200 and I am very happy with it. If you need a bateery, just buy one. The time and effort put into a trade is not worth it imo..

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 983
i actully found out the guy works for SSA whatever that is i think it deals with sundown and other subs and amps. He said he could hook me up with dealer prices he said he used to work for ROE so i might go threw wit that trade since sounds a little more trustworthy

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2349
Do the deal! Trust me.

Kevin

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 984
kevin i heard u actully heard both amps in action so ur sayin the sundown actully seems louder even tho they are like 700 watts apart

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2352
I am not the only one. There are a couple of folks with the same opinion as well. I also seen where someone mention that a Kicker 1000 seemed louder to the ear than a 1200D. Could be true, maybe not, but I would perfer the sundown 1500d over the 2200d IMO.

Kevin

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1657
^yep i had swapped out a zx1000.1 to run aq1200d and ended up putting the zx1000.1 back in because it was def louder. lol

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 283
I'd rather have the Sundown, at 12.5 volts and 14.4 volts.

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 985
I'm gonna go through with the trade im just hoping i won't be dissapointed and think the AQ sounded louder then the sundown but i wanna belive kevin's word since he actully heard both amps

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4330
So are you shipping first or what? Because IMO, the deal sounds so good that I would be very cautious.

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 986
we are actully gonna ship at the same time he gave me his phone number and address and he also works for SSA so i think I can trust him

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4331
Did you investigate to see if he really works for SSA? Because I would hate to see you complain a month from now about how you got scammed.

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 987
I have not i wouldnt know how to find out if he really works for them but I did actully see pics of everything he saying he really just wants a more powerful amp so he wants my aq2200d and he has a bnib kinetic2400 he'll include wit it. I mean it does seem like a really good deal to me but he also sayin to me if he can actully trust shipping to me because 99% of the time he saying he only likes to deal with SAS members because of people scamming so he making everything sounds legit unless he just playing it off really good

Gold Member

Post Number: 1399
what is his username on CA?

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 988
he says he barly ever goes on there but i belive his name is livin' loud and i know is aim sn is zx livin loud zx

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6532
pm denim over there and ask him if this guy actually works for ssa. and is this guys name livin loud21? if so i'd be careful due to the fact he just joined this month, has only a couple posts, and no refs anywhere in his sig. have you searched this guys name over there, especially in the buyer/seller feedback section?

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4332
"i belive his name is livin' loud"

You really need to know so we can help you out, or else your going to get scammed. Because I bet, if none of us were to chime in, you probaly would of went with the deal. You probaly would of shipped first, and then he would say something to the effect of, I didn't get to ship it out today. Bam, scammed. Do you really think its going to be that cheap to ship a battery of that size. Its just idiotic imo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1234
I found a Livin' Loud over at caraudio.com and it says he's banned.

http://ww.caraudio.com/forum/member.php?u=57695

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4333
And you should check this thread.

http://ww.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345127&page=8

You can thank Ecoustics for saving you. Took us 2 times to ask who he was until you gave us a reply.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1208
wow

what a scamfuck

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 794
There are only 2 people who "work for SSA". One being me, the other being Mark. Neither of us have/own/or have a need for anything Audioque. Plus it makes no sense for us to trade for Sundown.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1237
yeah definitely don't do the trade now.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2355
Yea, I was fixing to say, only 2 peeps actually work SSA, so that was going to go bad all around. Step down off that. What is up with the scams on CA.com lately? Everywhere I look over there, someone is being scammed, even by known members. Economy is bad, but come on.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22452
kevin holden doesn't even respond to my text no more.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2356
I got no text :-( RESEND!!

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 2008
"^yep i had swapped out a zx1000.1 to run aq1200d and ended up putting the zx1000.1 back in because it was def louder. lol"

Maybe because your amp puts out more power @ 2 ohms than the AQ @ 2 ohms . Did you ever put the the HDC and the Alpha on the AQ1200D?

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1658
lol nah i ran the aq1200d at full power 1ohm on rd alpha 15"...i ran a hdc315 on the zx1000.1...lol so def a difference of loudness. i also hooked up my friends 15" AP to the aq1200d and it was barely nothing to me. lol

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 2009
Your comparing apples to oranges, figuring you underpowered the Alpha. What ohm did you run the Revo at on the AQ?

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 989
wow yea i dont think i should actully do the trade now i actully took everything out of my car to wtf. and the address he wants me to ship to is oklahoma and he says he lives in oklahoma where he works with SSA which i know SSA is located in maryland which makes no sense to me now. his profile on CA also has his name as Jake and the shippin address is James its like he had a big setup i have a feeling he's gonna probably talk me into it tonight again. I did notice he did buy a lot of stuff on CA tho but thanks for the look out guys i was about to go ship this today now i know not to

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 990
Your comparing apples to oranges, figuring you underpowered the Alpha. What ohm did you run the Revo at on the AQ?

We ran my AP at 1ohm on the AQ1200D and it was barley any power at all. I def think the AQ amps are Overated which is why i got the AQ2200D instead which seems to be perfect for my AP prob not giving the full 2200rms but prob at least getting 1700-1800rms which is great.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3819
Why would someone sell SAZ-1500D and a Kinetik 2400 for a AQ2200D. When he could sell them for more and buy a NEW AQ2200D and have money left over.

Something to think about.^^^^^

Silver Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 991
yea i was thinking that to unless he really didn't know the actull prices of the amps but i know its not that hard to look up a brand new AQ so yeah that was something to think about

Silver Member
Username: Chevyfan502

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 147
or maybe the hdc315 is just louder than the alpha...its very efficient because of its strong motor. i had my hdc315 hooked up to my nine.1 and my friend has an aq1200d and we hooked that up to my hdc315 also and they seem close to exactly the same. I know own the aq2200 and even on stock charging it is much louder than my nine.1. i was definitely impressed with the AQ.

Silver Member

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 148
now own*

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2715
the alpha dominates the hdc3 ..

better sq and gets louder

had both in the same enclosure with about 1800 watts.. and the alpha put the hdc3 to bed

Silver Member

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 151
how big of box and tuned to what?..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2716
3.5 cubes to 32 hz ... 60 inchs of port

Silver Member

AQ HDC315Elemental De...

Post Number: 152
well theres one reason...ive had some dd's tuned around there....tune to around 36-40hz and 4cubes. it has a strong motor and suspension therefore u can tune higher and still get the low end with a lot harder hitting mid range. sub has recommended 40hz tuning just like dd's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2717
the low end is weak on the audioque sub even at 40hz ... the sub is no where near its first version ... although it still has great output ... its not the same ..

the alpha is a more versatile driver

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1659
hdc3's is not made for low ends thats why but i still love mine n it gets loud :-).....but i didnt mean to bring up the AQ vs. Alpha. lol i was just sayin the aq1200d doesnt feel like it does rated power compared to my zx1000.1. its all good now i got a clarion dpx11550 1500 @ 2ohms or 1ohm :-)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3820
A friend of mine just got a clarion DPX11550 for his two RE SE 15's.

8cf. at 34z
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us