Dayton Plate amps\ Paul?!?...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4070
im about to start workin on a HT setup.... i think it was paul who as experience with Dayton.... anyone ever use the Dayton HPSA1000 amp 1024rms\4ohm is it a true rating? also what sub u think would be good for it? i was thinnkin mayb a FI BL or somthin.... its basically for music n not movies so it would be tuned almost like a car system jus a tad bit lower to keep the SPL down but the sound clean... im already using my old A\D\S crossover units on my speakers from my last system on this setup it sounds just like my last setup just as clear with em but not as loud... need better speakers to increase the power....

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18342
Yes I have that amp and love it! I've used it to power a 15" Mag and now an 18" FI Q. I can't say the ratings are true because I've never metered it but I can tell you the specs are good from my experience. If you're looking for a 1000w plate amp for a 4ohm application this one fits the bill.

10 stars from me.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4077
thanks i been thinkin ima get this one lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18345
It's a bit pricey since when I purchased it but still worth it IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5584
great for music but overkill for movies.. ht normally don't need more than 300rms :-)

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2415
Killa,talk to Exige (Mike) I think he can hook you up with Dayton.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18346
Overkill? Yeah, but when you're talking about the deepest lows as found in dino movies or explosions I'm telling ya hearing the dishes rattle a bit upstairs during the extraction scene in Blackhawk Down puts you right in the movie. Even at low volumes you can feel the action. THAT'S what I wanted. I'm lucky I don't live in an apartment.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 700
I've got mine playing around 2.5 ohms right now without any trouble....solid well built amp, seems to do rated power as compared to other amps of similar power. I'd highly recommend it. Email me at sales@exigeaudio.com. I can get you a discount on that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us