Eclipse 12" titanium sub box size

Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 2
I am looking into purchasing a pair of these subs and wanted to know what size box I would need for a ported and sealed setup (estimated). I have a 1994 mustang and am removing the back seat to install the subs. However, I would still like to retain a little trunk space. Additionally, how much tighter will the bass sound with a sealed box and how will it affect loudness compared to the ported enclosure? I know a sealed box is not as loud but cleaner but are we talking a huge difference assuming the same amp? I do listen to a lot of hip hop but my overall taste in music leans toward a clean sounding system (SQ side) that I can boom when I get the urge. I guess this brings me to another question...are the titaniums even the best choice of sub for this application?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 649
about 1.6 cubic feet and 600w rms will do the job very well

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 145
Just put them in a sealed box. Ported boxes are very boomy and not accurate. They have about a 3 dB increase over sealed boxes but that is only at certain frequencies. Also a sealed box hits lower. A ported box also takes up more space than a sealed box.

Post Number: 3
I also wanted to get an amp to push these that is in line with the high quality subs...would the JBL 1200 .1 do the trick or should I go with a brand like JL, Zapco, US Amps, etc?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 102
A JBL 1200.1 would push them fine.

Post Number: 4
I have been looking into (2) ID MAX 12s because I can get them cheaper, will the JBL 1200.1 power them?

Bob Dylan
Unregistered guest
Wankers

David Hasselhoff
Unregistered guest
I agree with bob
Your a bunch of swinging wankers
I know you've bin with his wife, ohh - his wife - there's a thought too wake you up with a big one in the mornings, in fact i might go for a toss right now

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 22
what just happened?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us