Diamond Audio Comp Speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 151
K ive been trying to research to find how to install these. Its been a bit of a battle. So from what ive gathered u can install comp speakers two ways, either off your headunit and not use the X-overs, or through the X overs.

I want to go through the X-overs provided by diamond audio. I have bought a kicker 4 channel amp that is capable at 4 OHMS bridged giving 175 RMS to each speaker. Well my diamond audio S600s need exactly 175 RMS to each speaker so that works out good.

I guess what im wondering is how the heck do i wire my amp to my crossovers to make my amp give them 175 RMS to each speaker?

my amp reads: Amp 1: L+ L- R+ R-
Amp 2: L+ L- R+ R-

Will I want to bridge between the amp 1 and amp 2 settings or just stay in the amp 1 setting?

Sorry if my words sound confusing, tried to clarify it as best as i could.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4319
Upload
Upload

I posted the manuals to your amp. Did you even take a look? Because its pretty damn easy. So go back and take a look at that manual so you can understand how to hook up your components.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 803
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
how in the heck does that manual tell me what i need to know? i am not running the speakers right to the amp, i am going through a crossover..

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
well everything is installed and im just waiting to plug the connections in to the amp and crossovers, can someone please explain how to do this.

Sorry berny but that diagram nor does the kicker manual tell me what i need to know.

I got 2 front speakers and 2 tweeters that are going into my crossovers, and my crossovers are going into my amp. I JUST need to know how my crossovers go into my amp.

Does one crossover go into amp 1 and the other crossover into amp 2 or do they go into jus amp 1, like i really dont know.

It is really the last step i need, my dynamat is installed, all my wiring is run, i just got to know these connections

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
**Bump**

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2731
What amp do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1254
i think he has the zx350.4, IIRC

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2732
This is so simple man, I think you're thinking too hard about it. The second diagram that Bern posted explains it crystal clear.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2733
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1378
"LOL"

dBLK.... You have very little room to talk.

BTW. I saw your YT vid of the alien moth.... ROFL

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4321
"This is so simple man, I think you're thinking too hard about it. The second diagram that Bern posted explains it crystal clear. "

Think of the subwoofers in diagram #2 as the input terminals on your passive crossovers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
o ok sorry for the confusion then guys, I just wanted to get it all right and have a good install. Ill post pics when I hook this up.

I would need 2 RCA jacks then wouldnt I? like I couldnt bridge one RCA jack? also going from the amp to the crossover, can you place the wire in any one of the 2 input jacks? because there is no + or - on the crossover.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4324
"I would need 2 RCA jacks then wouldnt I?"

Answered in your other thread. Can be easily answered if you were to read the manual.

"because there is no + or - on the crossover."

Look at the plastic see through cover......If that does help you, the very left input terminal is -, next to that will be the + input terminal.

IF that doesn't help you I provided a picture for you.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
well i thought i had everything in the right place but i guess not.

only one side works, the other speaker doesnt work at all, it sounds like crap. It sounds right tingy.

Iunno, im gunna try to find the problem but this whole thing is gross.

any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
I have got both sides of the speakers working and set my gains etc. It sounds good but its almost sounds like my 6x9's are being amped because when I put just my front speakers on it sounds quiter and doesnt fill with a nice sounds, as soon as i turn my rears on with the front it fills in the sounds much much better and sounds way better than with just the front on.

But from what I gathered these comp speakers should blow the 6x9's right out of the water. Only thing I can think of is maybe theres a setting on my deck I got to switch or i might have put the RCA's wrong in my deck, theres 3 different RCA spots in my deck, one input is in a spot called "MS" and the other RCA is in rear. Its too late to switch them up now but do you think switching them RCA's around will give me more power to the front speakers?

Im running this off of a Kenwwood MP538U.

Berny I know your getting frusterated with me sorry man. I did read the manual you supplied but i just couldnt make sense of how many RCA's i needed and where to put them, in terms like, do they also need to be bridged from amp 1 to amp 2 etc.

But anything you guys might know that will help will be awesome, everythings installed, very clean install, this is the last step. Im almost there! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us