Introduction/ advice on setup

Username: Gnarkiller

Selah, Wa Usa

Post Number: 1
hey guys... been lookin for a good message board for car audio, for weeks and after reading this one over for a few days it seems to cut the mustard. GOOD message boards roxorz, I like expert advice from people who arent trying to always make sells. I listen to mainly metal (all kinds) I play guitar and music is my life.

anyways I have a 93 accord, an Alpine HU (ipod, hell yeah)two sony 6 1/2 xploders in the front... two 6 1/2 panasonics in the rear deck that arent much better. two hifonic 12's which I am pretty much satisfied with. (maybe a new amp???) Power acoustics 2 channel 620 watt amp running them. LOVE the little boost switch.

I am planning on getting components, and coaxials in the back but numerous people say that rear speakers are BAD. to me, low(subs) mid(6x9) high(6 1/2) just makes sense! somebody explain how rear speakers are bad in a simple way paleez. I need to be fully convinced if I am going to be spending a whole bunch on comps...

enough blabbing. my price range is $600 TOPS ($500 would be nice) this includes the amp. since I like alot of old school stuff and some of my favorite albums end up being worse quality (mainly weaker output that gets distorted at uber quiet volumes due to no amp.) So i want those albums to bonecrushing, with clarity yo. meaning the up to par quality cds would be too loud for me!!! I dont like real bright tweeters but that most likely cause of the cringing distortion. so maybe between mellow and bright. as far as midrange sound goes I dont really know. but the music im listening to needs in your face tone, keep that in mind *also is deadining the doors a must??? how do i go about that?

testing speakers out at best buy, I liked the alpine r's i guess but the infinity comps sounded alot better to me, alot more clear and crisp just less midrange punch to them. they were cheaper too.

I know this is a speakers section but I would appreciat advice on an amp to power the speakers. have been lookin into 4 channel amps like crazy but if im only getting comps i would just need another 2? *or what about a 4 channel for the subs and the comps???*

finally TWEETERS... I really want them to be flush but have no idea how i could get them "up there" the best spot for your tweeters is the panel at eye level or above right? makes sense to me at least. only spot ive seen them in cars like mine is towards the top of the door panel. that doesnt seem like it would be as good as the panel that runs up.

well thats all I can think of right now and thanks for reading if you got this far. and sorry for the blabbing. I only wrote so much because I know you guys can help me get the best bang for my buck(exige) any help would be greatly appreciated. and i look forward to bugging you guys on this message board. music and electronics... nothing better.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1633
emailed you back late last week. Email me back if you got questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us