'09 Dodge Challenger Wire Diagram?

Username: Big_ruckus

McKinney, TX

Post Number: 4
I'm about to switch all stock speakers and adding an amp to a 2 week old 09 Dodge Challenger R/T but keeping the factory head unit. Anyone know if the wiring diagram exists anywhere yet? I can figure it out if I have to but I figured I'd ask first. Any help would be appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1463
this has to seem simple, but in reality it's a pain cause switching stocks speakers is easy but the amp is a real issue. u have to get a adapter for rca's since i doubt the unit has rca pre amps out. so before u go buying or ripping that nice challenger up, shop for an adapter to get the rca's sorted out. if your realy unhappy with the stock speakers. maybe u should go for a lower wattage and just let the stock unit power them. as far as speaker swapping goes just match positive and negitive. everything else would work as rca's, then power ground from 12 volts of the battery, a rem to a constant 12+ source that only gets 12+ volts when the radio or car is on. then all your speakers would be wired up to the amp. the issue is if u wire to 12 volts it will drain ur battery cause the amp will always be on. so ur better to wire to a on off source. all in all your biggest wall is the rca input/output. nice car btw.

McKinney, TX

Post Number: 5
Thanks but I already knew all that. I installed an amp today but now I just need to find a keyed power source to use for the amp's remote power. I already have source, just need remote now and it's done. Anyone happen to know?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1467
if u can easily acess it, check the lead's of the air conditioner controls. it could be your best bet, normally those get power when the key turns.

McKinney, TX

Post Number: 6
I found it after all. Fuse location #18 is a keyed source for the second power outlet located in the center console.

Bronze Member
Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 84
Are you hearing a turn on, turn off pop off that source??

Sometimes you can get a signal from an amplified or powered antenna. You'd have to meter it and make sure it's powered when the cd player is on as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us