Need help with new system 2 12's

Post Number: 1
hey.. im tryin 2 get a new system in my truck.. gonna put 2 12's on the back seat need sum input.. right now im thinkin 2x jl audio w3v2 or alpine type r's.. not sure on wut i want yet want sumthin that hits hard.. but good sound quality 2.. any input would be nice thank you.. my limit is gonna be around $800 for the amp and speakers i gonna be gettin the stuff off ebay so ya

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1246
2 SDC2.5 12's. they are out of stock so could wait or see if you can fit 15s

1 AQ 1200D

subs=278
amp=249
TOTAL-527

that leaves about 270 for wires and box.

you can also try to find 2 Type-rs dual4ohm.

Post Number: 2
i sry but idk wut a sdc2.5 is lol.. and would and if i got 2 type r's would it better 2 get dual 2 ohm? or 4 ohm?

Gold Member

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1359
"and would and if i got 2 type r's would it better 2 get dual 2 ohm? or 4 ohm?"

Abarca already answered that question... But you will need to get a 1 ohm stable amp..

SDC2.5 and AQ1200D are both made by audioQue

Audioque.com

Post Number: 3
so the AQ1200D would be best for 2x 4 ohm alpine type r's? would that giv 600 watt 2 each sub? i honestly dont kno nething bout amps so ya.. the more info the better

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1248
if you got 2 dual4ohm Type'rs and a AQ 1200D, each sub would see 600rms.

Post Number: 4
thats if u connect right n stuff right? lol but ya u think 600 each would be 2 much? or good? its 500 rms and 1500 peak i think?

Post Number: 5
thats if u connect all the wires correctly n stuff right? and would 600 each be to much or safe? the rms is 500 and peak 1500 i think.

Silver Member

TEAM REVOLUTION USA

Post Number: 102
wire it like the top one to get 1ohm http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
get the audioque sd2.5 12's when they get back in stock dual 4 ohms then aq1200d or aq2200 if you want to turn up the heat its both 1 ohm stable then build a box. w3v2 and type r's are good subs but aq's would be a lot better and cheap call DJ hes the owner of AQ he cool as shiet answer all ur questions (417) 859 6025

Post Number: 6
whre would u order the AQ stuff?

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1640
www.audioque.com

Post Number: 7
ya its out of stock but yal alrdy said that so ya.

i got sum new choices.. kicker cvx.. kicker l7's alpine type r's or 1 of the Fi car auido brands?

Post Number: 8
bump!

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1251
kicker cvx would be comparable to the SDC2.5

L7s are SPL subs. they get loud but the SQ on them is questionable. however, some on here will tell you there is 0 SQ to them and some say they have quite a bit. it all really depends on the install and what you like.

alpine type-rs are great budget SQL subs that can take 800rms if you know what your doing.

which FI sub are you talking about? the Q is their SQ sub in their line up. the BL is more SPL oriented but does get loud. BTL is their all out sub that gets crazy loud but still sounds good.

you got some decisions to make on what you really what your system to sound like... SQ,SQL,SPL

Silver Member

Port Arthur, Texas

Post Number: 128
You can also try to check out diamond subs. I have D3's and I'm happy with them... at the moment. They sound great, and get plenty loud for 400w each. Also look at their D6's.

Gold Member

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1386
I wasn't really looking to sell it but I have 1 12" Sd2.5 d4 that I am currently not using and Snow has it's twin.. If you are interested you can ask him what he wants for his and i'll sell you mine if you need it.. Just throwing that out there.

Post Number: 9
im thinkin bout the alpine n the fi bl...

i want it 2 beat u kno? good spl but i always want good sq so ya.. lol if that hlps

Post Number: 10
boomp

Silver Member

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 859
i have 2 mint 12" w3v2 d4's for sale pics upon request..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
it sound good? and wut amp u use

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5600
sell you two bnib RE SE 12"s. D4.. $330 shipped

Silver Member

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 860
i had them running on a jl500/1 but sold that already

Bronze Member