Whats the loudest/spl subwoofer for under $150. alpine, kicker, rockford,? 12" 15"?

Username: Zackcombs

Post Number: 6
Whats the loudest/spl subwoofer for under $150???????gettin two so im lookin to spend under $300. goin to get them off ebay. been lookin at 12" alpine r's, kicker L5, kicker cvx, rockford fosgate p3, 15" kicker cvr, or any other subwoofer. can be 12" or 15". what you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2635
kicker L7/L5 would be the loudest, followed by the CVX.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2802
really hard to say... Its install dependent. I remember someone getting an xplode in the upper 140s but with the same installs I would say the L5 out of the ones you mentioned.

Look on here and ca.com in the FS sections. You can always find killer deals on subs in those

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1044
theres some 15" DC lvl2's on ca.com for like 100 shipped each...dont really know anything about em but i figure two would be pretty loud

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1333
L5 or type-r for that price range

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 169
here's the lineup i'm gonna say, loudest first, down to... the not..so.. loudest whatever you know what i mean.:

-kicker 12" L5
-kicker 12" cvx
-kicker 15" cvr
-alpine 12" type R
-rockford fosgate 12" P3
anyways, if you're looking to spend around 300, and you're looking at 2 12s right now, and these are the 12s you're looking at, AND you want SPL, i would PERSONALLY recommend these following systems(in order from most recommended to least):

kicker 15" L7 (ported)*don't buy brand new, they're like $500*
rockford fosgate 15" T1
alpine 15" type R
ma audio 15" HK15X2*only thing is the amp'll run you a lot*

and if you feel ballzyy, try a 12" JL W7.
$500 sub, but ask anyone on here. you'll be happy with it.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1446
get the L5.

my friend had a pair of L5's in his firebird in that custom sealed "stealth" box made for firebirds. somthing like 2 cubes net. he had then on a viper 1200 watt amp and that sh1t slammed and sounded pretty good too.

Post Number: 7
thanks for the advice, most everybody said the L5. so im leaning more towards that one now. my friend has 2 of the jlw7 and it hits so hard, but i dont have enough money for it.. what amp should i get for two L5's. lookin to spend bout $275 and under for one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
Get dual 4 ohm L5's and an AQ1200D
audioque.com.. $249 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1532
How much power do you have?
L7s or CVXs would be my pick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1533
I could sell you a Hifonics 2006d for 200+ shipping. I would think about the money you'll need to spend on extra batteries for an amp to power 1500+rms before you jump on an amp though.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4296
I hear two cvx's the other day and was really surprised by their output and sq. It sounded great. Now I heard the cvrs/owned type R's and so forth. IMO, if it was me, I would take the cvx's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
I would take the CVX's over the L5's myself.. In fact we are running 2 -15" CVX's.. But they are outta the price range stated in the thread. and he will need a lot of upgrades to handle the amp needed to get the full potiental out of them.

Post Number: 8
im goin to put them in a 93 acura legend. ill prob have to get a better battery. ive looked on ebay and saw the HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi1608D- 1600rms @ 1 ohm. looks like it would be a good match if i got the dual 4 omh L5's and wired it to 1 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1344
save a lil $ and get a bxi1208 instead.. the bxi1608 wis a lil too much for the L5's.. Better yet get the AQ1200D like I said before. good luck.

Post Number: 9
yea but i heard hifonics over rates there amps a lil bit. but ill see.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1535
Better to have more power and turn it down. Especially for SPL- that's what burping is all about.

Post Number: 10
yea true, whats burpin?lol

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1149
lolz^

what about a 15in fi q or ssd?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
burpin'= playing freq tone extremely loud for a short time in a comp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us